XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

VIQuad

Your welcome, no problem.

If your using a 2 axis servo gimbal now you will really like the 3 axis brushless from Arris. I think its will be a lot better.

Dhardjono

I haven't tried the GLB 3 axis. BUT I have seen some great stuff from it...just not from a X650, usually a phantom or other quad.

I went with the Arris 3000 because I felt like it was a better fit for my X650 setup. I developed a custom vibration mounting plate and I feel like it works the way I want without being a $3500 Zenmuse.(ridiculous by the way)

Some Back Story:

I'm very picky about vibrations, shakes and twitches and wanted absolutely stable video like people "claim" to get right out of the box, or with very minimal tuning. I see people posting video claiming that it had NOT been stabilized, when it clearly had been. I also found that people will lie about the fact they have stabilized the video, only to have people online fawn over them about how "great their footage looks" and how great they are, or their setup was. I would invest in their exact same setup and have everything completely balanced, props, motors, tighten every screw...everything was perfect. And I would not get anything near what they were getting with smooth vibration free footage. The footage I got was nice don't get me wrong, but I wasn't getting the same "easy" out the box results like they were claiming. It either had micro vibrations or very slight twitches or something going on. I TRIED EVERYTHING...AND FOR HOURS.

So I have settled on the Arris 3000 and with my dampening plate mount I feel like I got results I can live with. The software works fine. I had a few little hiccups but quickly got it resolved and there are a lot of great little tweaks with the software you have access to that the other gimbals I have tried didn't offer. Yes, you can plug it into your PC and configure it if you like. I did and it seems to work great. The 3 axis makes a HUGE and very noticeable difference. I noticed it immediately and I think 3 axis is the future of UAV gimbals.

Disclaimer....I don't like to be responsible for other peoples happiness, so please don't just buy it based off my recommendation. :nevreness: Please do some research and find what will work best for what you want to do. I know I hate that when people say that, but its true. Some people are perfectly fine with the results they get from their gimbal. And most people can live with little vibrations here and there.
I had to experiment with a custom dampening plate along with mounting the gimbal with all its dampening features it already comes with. And I think what I have done works best for me. Is the stock gimbal perfect out of the box like people claim or show in their videos? No, but it is pretty dam good. And its a WAY better starting point then some other gimbals(Tarot) in my opinion.

WARNING: This video is very boring and nothing special. But when I was trying out endless gimbals a simple video like this I would have micro vibrations or slight shakes in it. Just simple panning had a little shake here and there now its all gone. I just shot this tonight to show you what I mean. I also just returned to Dallas and its FREEZING outside. I feel like I could do a full video review on this gimbal, and I'm sure their sales would go through the roof!..But they don't pay me for that...haha :highly_amused: I recommend the Arris 3000 over other gimbals out there as of today. My flight times are about 13 mins. which is fine for what I do.

Here are the results I get now with my X650 setup.
Also vimeo compresses the hell out of this video, so if you want the real deal full effect download the original video from vimeo.

with the result you getting ViQuad i am impressed by how smooth the 650 pro is with the super x & arris 3axis gimbal wow i always love my arris 2000 going to use that first save money for 3 axis gimbal. Some one one from other forum say it was hard to installed the super x and that the esc 2 of them has failed and the motor ball bearing gave way so hope i get a good batch and that i can set up my 650 pro tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

VIQuad

Thank you. I've spent a lot of money to get those results...haha! I've been through 4 different gimbals in 2 months. Trying all sorts of things to get rid of the micro vibrations, jitters and shakes. I think the Arris 3000 is pretty smooth just stock, but it still needs some kind of isolation to get super smooth footage. I created another plate that's attached to the front rods with dampeners and THEN hung the gimbal with its 8 hard dampener balls on it from that. The first plate I made seems to be the first line of defense to knock out some vibes. Then whatever else is getting through gets knocked down by the gimbals balls. (haha!..gimbals balls)

The X650 Pro.....I haven't had any problems with mine. Then again, I haven't really had any bad crashes. And I don't fly it really hard and fast all the time like some might. I'm sure that's fine to do, but that's not my flying style. I like slow and smooth for nice video. Very similar to stuff like this.

Then again I've seen the Xaircraft guys zip them around all the time. So I know it can handle it.

I really feel like the X650 platform is a video/photo work horse, with simple upgrades lifting large cameras if needed, and not really pushed as an aerobatic quad. But at the same time it IS maneuverable. PLUS its not a huge beast like some of the hex's or octo's out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashMaster

If you are looking for stable shooting with anything heavier than a GoPro you should go down the line of a servo gimbal. The issue with all the brushless gimbals is balance. If you have a NEX-5, NEX-6 or NEX-7 (or Heven forbid a brick of a Cannon 5 etc) you will find they are all excellent but you will not be told by the manufacturer that you are locked to the fixed 16mm pancake lens. If you install a SELP 1650, like I have, to the camera and power up your gimbal you will find it bounces because the balance is all out. You then have to change the balance of the camera in the gimbal, assuming there is the ability to do that, then again when you change the zoom. With a servo gimbal the balance is not as critical so can get away with balance tolerances way beyond any brushless setup or system.

Brushless gimbal are far quicker to respond and can give you excellent results for video but if you are doing stills then you don't need that sort of stability so don't need to waste your money.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
If you are looking for stable shooting with anything heavier than a GoPro you should go down the line of a servo gimbal. The issue with all the brushless gimbals is balance. If you have a NEX-5, NEX-6 or NEX-7 (or Heven forbid a brick of a Cannon 5 etc) you will find they are all excellent but you will not be told by the manufacturer that you are locked to the fixed 16mm pancake lens. If you install a SELP 1650, like I have, to the camera and power up your gimbal you will find it bounces because the balance is all out. You then have to change the balance of the camera in the gimbal, assuming there is the ability to do that, then again when you change the zoom. With a servo gimbal the balance is not as critical so can get away with balance tolerances way beyond any brushless setup or system.

Brushless gimbal are far quicker to respond and can give you excellent results for video but if you are doing stills then you don't need that sort of stability so don't need to waste your money.

I have a Canon EOS 5D Mk III! but would need a lot of money to consider putting her at risk :dejection: the GoPro will be the sacrifice at this time.

David

CrashMaster

At more than double the cost of my NEX-7, Without lenses, I am not surprised but many do take that risk. I haven't dared to throw mine into the air and still use the GoPro with an AeroXcraft brushless gimbal. The biggest advantage with the GoPro is it's inability to zoom or fix removable lenses, a disadvantage to a serious photographer but a boon for anyone wanting to use a brushless gimbal.

I could just imagine the attempt to get the insurance to pay out for your Cannon - Loss Adjuster "You did what with it?" , You "yes it was at just over 300 foot when it fell like a brick when the motors failed" Loss Adjuster "Well I can tell you now mate your not covered for that" You "Awwww Nooooo that's £2,500 I have lost and you took my £100 insurance in the summer :sorrow::sorrow:" Loss Adjuster "Read the small print Pall now get lost you chancer :livid:".....

VIQuad

Yes, these are all good points. But I just fly the go pro 3 for now. I'm happy with its results for what I do.

Dhardjono

View attachment 15027Ok just got my 650 pro kit from Hobby wing it look real nice looking box with all the parts going to build. :tennis:

Attachments

• IMG_9373.jpg
    IMG_9373.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 323

wbrownj

hey Dhardjono... Congrats on the new arrival and enjoy the build.
Great choice great kit... You'll love it!!

Jonathan

CrashMaster

A couple of pointer for mounting the arms in the swivels....

Make sure you can access the hex heads from the sides of the craft. Do not position them so you have to access them from the rear.

The screw I am referring to is the one that holds the boom end and allows the arms to swivel. If you put them so you have to access them from the front or rear it becomes very tight once loaded with electrics.

Also make sure you plan the rout of the wires from the arms so they do not snag when the booms are folded.

Finally no drinking alcohol whilst doing the build or you will wake up in the morning with a lawn mower.....

Good luck and any problems ask we have all been there!

Dhardjono

Thanks WBROWNJ,VQUAD and CRASH MASTER advise i am up to 3rd motor arms so far simple easy specially the wiring of the motor which way it turn the instruction make it easy.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
That's all I'd say follow the very excellent instructions/plan and keep the bits in the envelopes, having built an X650 a month ago I got an enormous sense of satisfaction when finished and nothing went wrong

David

Dhardjono

Thanks x650mouse i went to sleep 5 am trying to set up futaba radio finish putting all the kit together at 12 any way this morning my mind more clear i did it i set up my futaba radio and i took her out for a spin in my living room so far so good . I need to gain little more for the arris 2000 and i soften with little snowing out side so can't fly yet some picture of 650. Now i will hook up [h=1]XAircraft OSD Module for SuperX and gimbal than all set to go fly outside.:tennis:[/h].View attachment 15047View attachment 15048View attachment 15049View attachment 15050

Attachments

• IMG_9393.jpg
    IMG_9393.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_9394.jpg
    IMG_9394.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_9396.jpg
    IMG_9396.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_9400.jpg
    IMG_9400.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 320

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Thanks x650mouse i went to sleep 5 am trying to set up futaba radio finish putting all the kit together at 12 any way this morning my mind more clear i did it i set up my futaba radio and i took her out for a spin in my living room so far so good . I need to gain little more for the arris 2000 and i soften with little snowing out side so can't fly yet some picture of 650. Now i will hook up XAircraft OSD Module for SuperX and gimbal than all set to go fly outside.:tennis:

.View attachment 18823View attachment 18824View attachment 18825View attachment 18826

A thing of beauty! I think all X650 are the most beautiful quads on the planet :highly_amused::highly_amused:

David

Dhardjono

Yes looking good with the canopy looks like a sexy coptor. I tried 2 different battery today one was turnigy 5800 other lumineer 5200 i got maybe 45 sec more on 5800 cause of the weight i think 13 MIN TO 13.45 . View attachment 15052View attachment 15053The small battery i power the gimbal and the tx fpv. There should be a video of how to set the futaba radio most are for dji naza.

Attachments

• IMG_9405.jpg
    IMG_9405.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_9407.jpg
    IMG_9407.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 321

Dhardjono

Any one having problem strapping big battery to the carriage with the Velcro strap that was included in seem it want to slide off any one uses different straps?.