Naza 3.14 firmware out.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Get it while its hot.

DJI Released New Firmware 3.14 for Naza-M V1、V2 And Phantom!

What’s New for Firmware?

*Optimize the compatibility for Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal.
*Add calibration function of X1 channel(X1 is used for pitch control of normal gimbal and Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal).
*Change the default aircraft type to X4 instead of I4.

What’s New for Assistant Software?

*Add calibration function of X1 channel(X1 is used for pitch control of normal gimbal and Zenmuse H3-2D).

djneils98

i really hoped the next firmware would address the ridiculously long warm-up times for some Nazas but it doesn't look like it from the change log.

CrashMaster

Because their test ones don't have the problem so neither do you or I..... C2C (Cash 2 China) is their only interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have never had the problem with slow start up and have not had an opportunity to load the new firmware yet but will have a look today.

Pete

Olemil

PeteDee, your subject line should have read........ "Naza 3.14 firmware out, Beta testers needed". Sorry I couldn't resist :shame:, I am still running 3.10 and will continue to do so since I have not had any problems (knock on wood) as of yet. Let me know if you give this version a whirl, I just might have to upgrade to something different. Update: looks like positive reports over on RCG so far with 3.14, maybe they finally decided to not release buggy firmware??:nevreness:

Last edited by a moderator:

cbpagent72

I upgraded my Phantom with 3.14 and the Phantom feels very jerky and lists to one side. Now I need to figure out how to roll back the firmware.

Bowley

Once bitten twice shy, 2.02 working too well on all my units to risk changing. Had a to many frights with my HFP after updates so if it aint broke I aint fixin it!

cpmboy

I was also thinking on returning to the good old 2.02 f/w....I like the old style lift off...reminding me of my helis and ..I like the sound of it

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Sticking with what I have, my 3.12 is working fine, I do not have a Zenmuse and will never have one at the price they want for it. In fact, I am changing directions and going with a TBS Discovery. At this time I am unsure if I want to put a DJI controller in it, or use something else.

olof

Osprey
I just upgraded my F450 to 3.14, because I have the H3-2D gimbal coming on Monday and I wanted to check that 3.14 is OK.

I also installed a new 6208 RX and enabled all the failsafe and tested that as well, with TX off it reverts to failsafe and returns home.

Everything is working perfectly. The GPS holds within 6" after flying around a bit and tuning the gains, just below 50% (on my Futaba dial) seems good, I will probably have to change them with the Zen installed.

The takeoff is different it lifts slowly after you go past 50% throttle, slower than my old FW, this is fine with me, now I know. My one note is, I never take off or land in GPS mode. A lot of times when first starting a flight my MR's (I have 3) will TB, but after a few minutes of flying it holds rock steady like it did today even in 10-12 mph gusts. I like to be PIC (pilot in command) on T/O and landings, just in case the GPS decides to TB right after T/O. I fly in Atti 90% of the time anyway. I approach flying MRs with the same attention as a 3D variable pitch heli, though it is way easier to fly MRs. Helis are a great way to get good thumbs (or fingers).

So my experience with 3.14 after 2 flights is it works perfectly. Then again so did my earlier FW.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
PeteDee, your subject line should have read........ "Naza 3.14 firmware out, Beta testers needed". Sorry I couldn't resist :shame:, I am still running 3.10 and will continue to do so since I have not had any problems (knock on wood) as of yet. Let me know if you give this version a whirl, I just might have to upgrade to something different. Update: looks like positive reports over on RCG so far with 3.14, maybe they finally decided to not release buggy firmware??:nevreness:

LOL, we are always beta tester flying MR's, no matter what the controller we use, they are never perfect, personally I am over it and just push on.

djneils98

well my naza is still acting odd (weird intermittent instability and TBE in GPS mode) since a light crash on 2.02 so last night I flashed to 3.14.
Haven't had a chance to fly it yet but the 2+ minute initialisation seems to be gone and it's been initializing and getting a solid green flash well within a minute now.
Praying it's going to finally sort out things out else I may have to give the naza a whack.

pokmon

I have Naza-M 2, FW 3.14, When I use Yaw my bird flays away few meters from GPS position and the slowly go back to prior position. Gains or FW problems?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
well my naza is still acting odd (weird intermittent instability and TBE in GPS mode) since a light crash on 2.02 so last night I flashed to 3.14.
Haven't had a chance to fly it yet but the 2+ minute initialisation seems to be gone and it's been initializing and getting a solid green flash well within a minute now.
Praying it's going to finally sort out things out else I may have to give the naza a whack.

Have you gone through the manual and adjusted the settings to get rid of TBE as it shows on page 27?

pokmon

What type MR and what settings are you using?

Pete

Hi,

I have new T-Motor MT3506 650 KV, Maytech ESC Opto 20A, Hexa Y6. My friend have on Naza version 1 loaded FW 3.12 and it all was fine as is not on her loaded new firmware. He has the same problem as me now. Unfortunately now doesn't help neither downgrade on FW 3.12. CG and GPS coordinates is OK. Obviously problem with FW 3.14.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I had some nice flying with my TBS Discovery yesterday after upgrading my motors and going from a 3S setup to a 4S setup and using V3.14 firmware, locked in and solid as can be. Home lock is spot on, hovers in place within inches, I did not test RTH though but have previously.

My suggestion would be to go back and make sure all your calibrations are correct, check motors for vibrations, check ESC calibration, redo the advanced ACC calibration.

What gains are you using?

Pete

SMP

Pete Quick question on your Disco... Assuming you're flying it on 2.4 from the radio yes?? Are the sticks snappy and responsive??

I've got mine on EZuhf and the bird is VERY sluggish and slow to respond. 10x slower than any of my other birds on 2.4. Trying to validate whether its a Disco thing and they are somehow naturally "slow" or whether its an ezuhf thing.

cpmboy

I have Naza-M 2, FW 3.14, When I use Yaw my bird flays away few meters from GPS position and the slowly go back to prior position. Gains or FW problems?

I had this problem once but it happened just after take off while in GPS mode (no stick input) and this anomaly has been all this while in all fw (2.?? to 3.12...I skip 3.14 cause Im not using the zenuse gimbal). So ...a few days ago, I decided to try playing with the z value in the compass setup. My initial z values since I install my gps was between these (-11, -12, -13) and then I tried lowered it to -10 and walla the anomaly was gone but it is just one flight , so I think I still have to try it out again just to make sure. Hopes this help.