DJI Phantom Video Contest WORLD WIDE

Attachments

• phantom_video_contest_960X330.jpg
    phantom_video_contest_960X330.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 151

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
DJI DO NOT POST MULTIPLE DUPLICATE THREADS ON THIS FORUM.

I HAVE DELETED DUPLICATE THREADS IN OTHER SECTIONS OF THIS FORUM.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS

ONE POST IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED

PM me if you do not understand this simple rule.

Dave

ChrisViperM

DJI DO NOT POST MULTIPLE DUPLICATE THREADS ON THIS FORUM.

I HAVE DELETED DUPLICATE THREADS IN OTHER SECTIONS OF THIS FORUM.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS

ONE POST IS ALL THAT IS NEEDED

PM me if you do not understand this simple rule.

Dave

This just emphasises how much they listen to their customers / partners......

CrashMaster

They treat customers as unpaid Beta testers, don't pay for damages caused by their failure and they now have the audacity to want to steal your copyright.

If they wanted my copyright they could always approach me directly and negotiate a reasonable price. No they want to take thousands of video clips from hopefuls submitting their video not knowing that they have just given up their copyright to DJI in return for a chance to win 1st prize. Not at all a bad deal for DJI - copyright for less than 1p for 5 mins of your video they will use in advertising they would have had to pay thousands to professionals to create.

http://www.dji-innovations.com/wp-content/themes/dji/docs/phantom_video_contest_legal_terms.html

Free of Use and License
By submitting your video to DJI, you agree to grant the DJI free of charge the right to use your video in any manner and media, including without limitation, the right to publish, adapt, alter, clip, distribute, copy, display or translate for advertising and promotional purposes. You also grant DJI the right to license to others.

Don't get me wrong most of their stuff is excellent but support is almost nill, customer care is nill, their prices profiteering and all they want is more of your money as fast as they can along with your copyright.... Greed... Greed.... Greed and nothing else in return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burntpixel

They treat customers as unpaid Beta testers, don't pay for damages caused by their failure and they now have the audacity to want to steal your copyright.

If they wanted my copyright they could always approach me directly and negotiate a reasonable price. No they want to take thousands of video clips from hopefuls submitting their video not knowing that they have just given up their copyright to DJI in return for a chance to win 1st prize. Not at all a bad deal for DJI - copyright for less than 1p for 5 mins of your video they will use in advertising they would have had to pay thousands to professionals to create.

Don't get me wrong most of their stuff is excellent but support is almost nill, customer care is nill, their prices profiteering and all they want is more of your money as fast as they can along with your copyright.... Greed... Greed.... Greed and nothing else in return.

I get where you are coming from concerning copyright and the need for the individual to be protected from others capitalizing on your visual work without permission or financial compensation. If you are like me,video and still work is how I make my living and if upfront agreements with the end user of your work is not hammered out contractual,then it can become an issue.

Here is a little example. I had taken several photo,s of one of my Phantoms with the prop guards installed. I posted those pictures on this and one other multi-rotor board. Will guess what! I was browsing Ebay and low and behold, someone from "China" lifted my photos and is currently using said photos to sell DJI products on ebay! You will notice 2 quads set up on my front steps in this ebay users add.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-Propellers-Props-Protectors-guard-frame-protective-no-more-scratch-/321146001057?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac5cb16a1

As I did post those pictures within the public domain without a watermark or copyright tag,I guess what this individual is going is legal. I will in the future act accordingly. Below are my original photo,s of the Phantoms.

View attachment 12518View attachment 12519

Attachments

• P6060003_zpsa5394a88.jpg
    P6060003_zpsa5394a88.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 240
  • P6060002_zpsad0539f5.jpg
    P6060002_zpsad0539f5.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 246

CrashMaster

As I did post those pictures within the public domain without a watermark or copyright tag,I guess what this individual is going is legal. I will in the future act accordingly. Below are my original photo,s of the Phantoms.
What they have done is not legal but like lots of us we expect people to take stock shots like that and re-use them. It would just have been nice if they had given you credit for the shots. However, Legally they should have asked permission first and you could have either refused or offered them a subscription to use them.... However, how do you sue someone in China for breach of copyright in a country where there is no such thing as copyright legislation...?