DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal for GoPro.

The DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal is another milestone in gimbal innovation, which is designed for the GoPro Hero3. With its high precision, high stability, lightweight, plug and play features, it is widely used in film and television productions, advertising aerial photography, etc. Even if the aircraft is in high-speed flight, it can still stabilize and control the GoPro camera precisely with the highest stability. The precision of control angle is within the range of ±0.08°, so picture or video output can reach the best quality.

FEATURES

• 2-AXIS Professional Gimbal With High Performance;
  • Easy to install, Plug and Play;
  • Customized for GoPro Hero3;
  • Compatible with DJI flight control systems;
  • The Core Technology is inherited from the Zenmuse Z15;
  • Independent IMU module;
  • Extremely light weight with solid mechanical design;
  • Ideal Choice for Phantom and Flame Wheel;
  • Online Upgrade Support;
If you have any questions, please log in to DJI website or reach local authorized dealers for more information!

H3-2D-Package-450x300.jpg

H3-2D-Gimbal-450x308.jpg

H3-2D-GCU-450x300.jpg

Zenmuse_H3_2D.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Dji innovations.....

Stop double posting every time you make an announcement!

ZAxis

The other copy of this posting asked a good question for which we all need an answer .....

What price is it ?

andy

Kilby

It looks like its just under $700 US after you convert to dollars. I'm not sure if that will be the same price from the US distros, but we will see.

ZAxis

Chris... thanks for the links.

Last time I looked at Quadcopters there were dummy placeholder prices which were twice the recent one ! Seems more competitively priced now, perhaps they've noticed the low cost solutions popping up from everywhere just now.

Tahoe Ed

It depends on its performance. What we have seen so far are beta test units, not the production units. That is what I want to see. I wish it were 3 axis like my Z15. Most video shows the lack of yaw control and it is annoying.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Does anyone else think that $700 for a gimbal designed to only hold a GoPro is a bit high?

I guess it depends on what the intended use is, all else aside, for pro use that really isn't a bad price at all. From the hobby side, yes, there are much less expensive GoPro only gimbals out there. You'll put in more time and effort getting most of the others up and running but if you like to tinker you can get the same or better results for half the price or less. Or if you have deep pockets and don't care about cost you could spend roughly the equivalent of $3200 US for one of these... http://www.photohigher.co.nz/products/halo-gimbals/halo-1000/ huge bling factor but given the recent RSGS fiasco I doubt many people are knocking on their door to buy one.

It depends on its performance. What we have seen so far are beta test units, not the production units. That is what I want to see. I wish it were 3 axis like my Z15. Most video shows the lack of yaw control and it is annoying.

The yaw issue primarily has a lot to do with what the gimbal is attached to and the flight controller system that is in control. It has been my experience that DJI flight controllers are prone to having yaw issues in FF regardless of the platform, setup and tuning has to be absolute perfection for them to fly straight without any evidence of yaw. Hang the gimbal under a Phantom and all bets are off as to what the end result is going to be, this little gem has brought multirotor APV capability to the masses and a very large percentage of people flying them are clueless about how to properly set one up and fly it. IMO adding a yaw axis to the gimbal to eliminate the visible yaw movement in the video is putting a bandaid on the actual problem, yes it fixes the immediate symptom but it does nothing to address the real issue of flight controller yaw instability and/or improper setup/build issues.

FWIW, I now have my MK hexa thoroughly dialed in with the new FC 2.2 upgrade as well as the RCT brushless setup as good as it can get with the current firmware, there are no visible yaw issues in the video and there is no third axis of control in use. Everyone has their own opinions and favorites among flight controllers but I still regard MK as the gold standard for APV use, I have yet to fly another controller that works better all around for APV.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Visvid

London Newbie
DJI .. In your post you say 'any questions log into DJI website' If only it was that easy, HAving spent a small fortune on your products it has to be said that your support and what seems to be a total lack of interest in anything other than Sales issues is very poor. I did as you said and wrote an email concerning the new Gimbal and a connection issue and guess what... no reply.. I have now cancelled my order. Thankfully there are some dealers who seem to realise the importance of customer loyalty and support, I personally feel that DJI don't support its customers and probably some of its dealers, as long as the money keeps rolling in forget about the problems. Not Good !!

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I enquired after the release announcement as to how the new gimbal would fit to my F550, never heard a thing not even the usual stupid reply from Abby L that always bears no connection to the question asked.

Struts

Plug and play for Phantom? Turns out I need a new PMU (V2) for my Phantom. Okay, so not plug and play. Now it turns out the PMU is not available for purchase on any of the sites I've looked at. Definitely not plug and play. So now that I've paid my $699 and waited 3 months for the gimbal, I will have only a small boat anchor for the forseeable future.

Am I missing something here (besidse the PMU V2)?

Bowley

I am quite keen on this gimbal, I see it needs a V2 PMU, so same situation as Struts.
question is, I assume this is just for power so can it not be powered by a BEC?
Also if it needs a V2 PMU can I use a V2 PMU with my V1 Naza without upgrading to V2 firmware. Will it in fact work with V1 Naza with 2.02 FW?

Tahoe Ed

The PMU supplies power to the Naza and gives you an additional Can Bus port. You need that for any of the accessories that you may want to add, the H3-2D or the iOSD or the BT LED they all require a Can Bus port. A BEC will not suffice. Also it requires that you use v3.12 of the software. v2.02 does not support additional modules.

Bowley

The PMU supplies power to the Naza and gives you an additional Can Bus port. You need that for any of the accessories that you may want to add, the H3-2D or the iOSD or the BT LED they all require a Can Bus port. A BEC will not suffice. Also it requires that you use v3.12 of the software. v2.02 does not support additional modules.

Thanks for that Ed.

ZAxis

We swapped an order for an E-copter GoPro gimbal to the Zenmuse H3. A very good decision, we now have the Zen in our hands and not still waiting for the other. Its mounted on our TBS Discovery and performs brilliantly. It was literally take it out the box, mount it, connect it, update the Naza firmware, sort out Tx/Rx channels and it worked. There are no adjustments to make and it is restricted to a few GoPro models which may disappoint some but we wanted results not an exercise in frustration. Cost wise, yes it was a little bit more than others out there but it is a very tidy unit with a minimum of external connections to the gimbal & camera and it exudes quality.
Gotchya's.... Naza v1 requires v2 PMU (£26, UK), no camera shutter/start/stop control via Rx, video Tx power not available via PMU/GCU, no speed adjustment on tilt.
We'll post some video soon.

andy

eturn23

Can the ZenMuse H3-2D gimbal be independently controlled by a 2nd radio transmitter for 2 person operation? Can it look straight down? I was reading the manual and got the impression that it might require the DJI GPS module. My FlameWheel 450 doesn't have the GPS module on it and I fly it exclusively in Attitude mode so I hope it doesn't require GPS. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks...

Tahoe Ed

You cannot control the H3-2D with a separate controller unless you have a separate Naza V2. As far as I know you only need the V2 with PMU and not the GPS. This is the same as the WKM and the Z15. I have only used mine on a F550 and a Phantom.

No speed adjustment on tilt.
andy
Andy, the Zenmuse H3-2D do have speed adjustment on the tilt, unless we're talking different things. I can tilt it up/down at varying rates based on how far I much I move the transmitter slider. For me that was a big selling point of this gimbal versus my previous one.