Aeronavics / Droidworx Only 3 Skjib models now...

Cheshirecat

Hmmm Okay so no Skyjib Heavy or Lite anymore it seems, Just SkyJib's 8 - X4 and 6, was just about to order a SJ-X4 Lite but cant actually see what the difference is with the SJ-X4 same boom length etc.. :dread:

baja-king

Here for the ride :)
Just go for the Skyjib X4 very little difference in my opinion - the larger crash cage adds some structural strength...

You won't regret it

Steve

Cheshirecat

Yes i just tried to order the X4 Titanium with the larger cage but unfortunately my credit card company won't authorize the transaction, i was the victim of identity theft recently and my CC company are now a little over protective (it is nice to know they are looking out for me though) i will try to get it sorted tomorrow.
I see you are running T-Motor 3515 and T-Motor 15 X 5.5 Props, how do you find them??? DW recommend the 4014 + 15 X 5.5 props do you think this is overkill based on how your SJ handles, i will be running the Z15 and GH2 as you do with a WK-M.
I also what to see if i can take advantage of the deal DJI have running on the WK-M and Z15 Package at the moment.

Peter

baja-king

The T-Motor 3515 + the T-Motor 15x5.5 carbon props work great. The Props are much better than the wooden Xoar's. The NM4014 come in 2 flavours: MN4014-9 (400kv) & MN4014-11 (330kv) so I would only consider the MN4014-9. According to ecalc the MN4014-9 are less efficient than the 3515's when I did my calculations... But there's not much in it

The MN4014's do have the option of fixing the props direct to the motor without a prop adaptor... Which is a plus in my book...

I would always build big - better to have the system running at cooler temps for longevity and have power in reserve for if/when you have a problem...

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheshirecat

Hi It seems the prop / Motor ratio stuff is proper black art and i can't say i am 100% with all of the details.
The 4014's that DW Sell are 330KV. My understanding was a bigger prop takes a bigger bite but requires more power to turn it so a lower RPM reduces the current draw.
I was following Droiders build on the X4 lite and if i remember correctly he ended up with Carbon 13 Inch props albeit not on T-Motors.
I was considering buying wooden props until i found the sweet spot and then made the investment in Carbon's, but interesting on what you say about the 3515 which are less to buy than the 4014. I am planning to run on 6 Cells so i will go and dial all this back into ecalc, i did take the short route and went with DW recommendations but will look again armed with the information you gave me.

Thanks

baja-king

Hi It seems the prop / Motor ratio stuff is proper black art and i can't say i am 100% with all of the details.
The 4014's that DW Sell are 330KV. My understanding was a bigger prop takes a bigger bite but requires more power to turn it so a lower RPM reduces the current draw.
I was following Droiders build on the X4 lite and if i remember correctly he ended up with Carbon 13 Inch props albeit not on T-Motors.
I was considering buying wooden props until i found the sweet spot and then made the investment in Carbon's, but interesting on what you say about the 3515 which are less to buy than the 4014. I am planning to run on 6 Cells so i will go and dial all this back into ecalc, i did take the short route and went with DW recommendations but will look again armed with the information you gave me.

Thanks

This is what I based mine on... the NM4014-11 would be hovering at 73% throttle - Not good

View attachment 12239

Attachments

• Motor Calc.jpg
    Motor Calc.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 297

Cheshirecat

Hmmm Interesting, i think i will go back and re evaluate. it seems i will have the time as it is proving tricky to spend my money at the moment. i see that DJI are running a promo at the moment of WK-M and Z15 combos but i will be buggered if i can pin it down. Ho Hum, Thanks for the pointers....

Cheshirecat

Thanks i will drop him a line see where i can get. i see your X4 is coming in at 9.3KG (wow a bruiser) what sort of Flight time do you see on a pair of 8300 mAh 6's ?

baja-king

I'm getting 9-10mins running the packs down to 25%

I built it with with the intention of putting a bigger camera/gimbal on at a later date...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheshirecat

Reasonable time given the weight.
I called Martin at BYOD yes he is a nice helpful guy, but i am starting to think this hobby should go under the title "cant quite get what you want....ing" be it flight time or the ability to put your preffered camera in the air (in my case an EOS 5DMKII) so it seems the Z15 for the GH2 is gone and the GH3 version delivery dates less than certain. Shame as you can pickup a second hand GH2 for very little at the moment.
So now looks like another change of direction / compromise to the NEX7, i will have to check out the video quality on this. Still what's the rush, after all we are still waiting for summer!!!