Firmware 3.12 CRASHED my Phantom...

GmeisteR

has anyone done or know of a tutorial on how to revert my phantom back to the older firmware?? I bought my phantom in april and it has flown amazing, 2 battery under the new firmware and it just tweeked out after lift off, oscilated like a mofo then flipped and smacked the concrete....I just want my old settings back :(

GmeisteR

Okay so I installed the assistant version 2.02...but it still only prompts me to install the 3.12 firmware. How do I get it to install the older firmware??

Last edited by a moderator:

Burntpixel

Nobody knows how to get an older assistant to prompt you to install an older firmware?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GmeisteR

BE CAREFUL this crap just flipped my phantom onto the concrete...I'm currently searching for a way to revert back to the 3.10....

Here is the procedure to REVERT to 3.10. Another poster on another site helped me revert to 3.10 with this. Once you do this BE SURE TO IMPORT "DEFAULT PARAMETERS CONFIGURATION". This may be your problem. Did you do this? If not the Phantom in VER 3.12 will Kamikaze on you until you are driven mad with rage!:highly_amused:

I reverted back to VER 3.10 and am glad I did. VER 3.12 did weird things with the throttle up on take-off. That and I swear the GPS lock is not as accurate as in VER 3.10:disgust:

Here are the instructions to downgrade back to the original firmware...
1. Start the NAZA Assistant, go to Upgrade
2. Click on the blue text (No updates) next to Firmware e.g. 3.1 in the assistant under info. A pop-up box will appear.
3. Type the word 'door' there is no need to put your cursor anywhere, just type that word and another box will pop up.
4. Type 'test' for the user name and '125' for the password.
5. Follow the remaining instructions to 'upgrade' (in fact it's a downgrade) and the NAZA will be reverted.
6. After the progress bar is done, power cycle the Phantom.
7. Do a software compass re-calibration and when done, follow this by a manual compass calibration

Burntpixel

Okay so I installed the assistant version 2.02...but it still only prompts me to install the 3.12 firmware. How do I get it to install the older firmware??
DO NOT install "SOFTWARE" VERSION 2.02. STAY WITH "SOFTWARE" VERSION 2.12, THEN follow the directions I posted in the above post!

GmeisteR

yeah i just put the new 3.12 back on it, and it flies okay, but it does circular drifts they start out as small circles and increase in size till i have to stop it....plus sometimes when i apply aft cyclic it actually tilts my copter back and to the left...like this crap is annoying...and after i fly one battery and hook back up to the assistant it says i need a calibration after every flight...definitely going to to try revert back...this is just annoying now thanks for you post, im going to try this right now

Burntpixel

yeah i just put the new 3.12 back on it, and it flies okay, but it does circular drifts they start out as small circles and increase in size till i have to stop it....plus sometimes when i apply aft cyclic it actually tilts my copter back and to the left...like this crap is annoying...and after i fly one battery and hook back up to the assistant it says i need a calibration after every flight...definitely going to to try revert back...this is just annoying now thanks for you post, im going to try this right now
DID you IMPORT the "DEFAULT CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS" ?

* Important:
1. Use the Input function in the “Tools” of the Assistant Software to input the “PHANTOM Default Configuration Parameters”.

Last edited by a moderator:

GmeisteR

DID you IMPORT the "DEFAULT CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS" ?

* Important:
1. Use the Input function in the “Tools” of the Assistant Software to input the “PHANTOM Default Configuration Parameters”.

yes I sure did,

when i type in "test" for the username and "125" for the password it tells me username/password error :(

GmeisteR

okay nevermind I just had to restart my asistant, the downgrade went smooth and right now im running the advanced calibration, all the settings look fine, so do I need to reload the default parameters again ?

GmeisteR

YES !!!! Dude THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! I'm back to my shakey descents and LED sequenses that I'm fimilar with ! WHEEEE I just put a battery through it and actually flew with confidence again....That has to be my biggest gripe about the new firmware is that 3.10 just feels more like manual flight than 3.12...oh and my other gripe is the new stuff doesn't work for crap... :) thanks a million !

Burntpixel

YES !!!! Dude THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! I'm back to my shakey descents and LED sequenses that I'm fimilar with ! WHEEEE I just put a battery through it and actually flew with confidence again....That has to be my biggest gripe about the new firmware is that 3.10 just feels more like manual flight than 3.12...oh and my other gripe is the new stuff doesn't work for crap... :) thanks a million !
Excellent. Glad you got it all sorted out. I flat out refuse to do another firmware update if at all possible. VERSION 3.10 just feels right!

jcorvera

Hi... one question.. What version of assistant do you have to manage the 3.10 firmware. DJI Nazam Assistant 2.14?...

Burntpixel

Hi... one question.. What version of assistant do you have to manage the 3.10 firmware. DJI Nazam Assistant 2.14?...
3.10 firmware was reverse installed via software 2.12

Here are the instructions to downgrade back to the original firmware...
1. Start the NAZA Assistant, go to Upgrade
2. Click on the blue text (No updates) next to Firmware e.g. 3.1 in the assistant under info. A pop-up box will appear.
3. Type the word 'door' there is no need to put your cursor anywhere, just type that word and another box will pop up.
4. Type 'test' for the user name and '125' for the password.
5. Follow the remaining instructions to 'upgrade' (in fact it's a downgrade) and the NAZA will be reverted.
6. After the progress bar is done, power cycle the Phantom.
7. Do a software compass re-calibration and when done, follow this by a manual compass calibration

jcorvera

Thank u for the reply. I will try downgrade to 3.12.

I have a problem, two days ago I receive my Phantom with the 3.12, everything was fine until I connected to the computer with the Naza Assistant 2.14 and force me to upgrade because I can't calibrate or activate the IOC.

Then after upgrade, I turn on the Phantom and the warming up light never gone, wait until 10-15 min and nothing. Then I decided to downgrade to 3.12 but I can't downgrade to that firmware. Then I Downloaded the 2.10 and that downgraded to 3.10.

I sent a report to DJI about the firmware update problem (3.14 warming up) but no response yet.

majkl

DO NOT install "SOFTWARE" VERSION 2.02. STAY WITH "SOFTWARE" VERSION 2.12, THEN follow the directions I posted in the above post!

My 2.14 assistant also insists for me to upgrade from 3.10fw to the latest version, and it seems that until I do, it wont let me into the assistant ?!
I really dont want to upgrade to the higher version that seem to cause flyaways, but I would need software 2.12 that hopefully would let me into the assistant. I searched the web and I cant seem to find a 2.12 version to download - can someone provide a link or an installer?

Tahoe Ed

I purchased a new DJI Phanton 2+ it has the new software is it possible to downgrade.

Jon, it is not unless someone has the Assistant and firmware cached. We have flown the new version and there is nothing wrong with it. Have you flown yours?

Jon

I have flown but GPS wont lock it but has issues locking on to GPS always says calibrate compass now, this has never happen before.
When plugged in says.
Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flight Controller or reconnect the compass due to the loss connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service.