How can I lower my throttle endpoint below -100% ?

kemmy

Hi there. I was having some trouble with my sunnysky kv320 and Hobbywing 40A platinum ESC's. When they worked all together on my octo some motors wouldn't spin correctly. They do that even when I try them individually. Doesn't always happen but sometimes at low throttles the motors seem to get stuck or spin really slow. People who had the same or similar problem told me to lower my Tx's end point setting below -100% (for e.g to -120%) and calibrate my ESC then change the Tx settings back to normal ( -100% to +100% range).

Well my problem is my Turnigy 9XR. In its settings it won't let me go below -100%. Does anyone know what I need to do now ? I can change the values between -100% and up to 100% but can go over and below the max values. I need to set my throttle endpoint to -120%.

Thx

Kemmy

Here is what happens to the props just incase you wonder what I'm going on about :) Goes weird especially after 34th sec.

Last edited by a moderator:

kemmy

Ok!! I figured out this is a "COGGING" problem but so far I havent found any solution or answer to do with this problem. Some people suggest its a ESC problem and flash the ESC's etc but never heard anyone fix this problem successfully. I don't even know in the worst case scenario what I would need to change? motors? ESC's ? Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Kemmy.

kloner

Aerial DP
it would be a esc problem or a bullet connector problem...... if the rest work right. that motor looks like a high pole count. if there not simonK try using high timing

kemmy

it would be a esc problem or a bullet connector problem...... if the rest work right. that motor looks like a high pole count. if there not simonK try using high timing

Thx I left my timing at 15 (5 in some settings it shows) which was the default timing. When you said high pole count what do you mean ? (sorry I'm kinda new with multicopters and building RC systems) I can use my esc programmer card to increase the timing if all those dont work would you recommend me to try n flash it with SimonK ? Thx.

Edit: I did change the timings , going one at a time, from 5 to 6 then 7 and then 8max. Still does it :S. Hmmm. Shouldnt be because of my bullet connectors I suppose. I did solder them well and nothing is touching eachother to cause a short.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
unplug and plug the bullet connectors 10 times each.... just to make sure there making good contact between the male and female

kemmy

unplug and plug the bullet connectors 10 times each.... just to make sure there making good contact between the male and female

They all work great. I checked my connection ends with voltmetres before they are ok.

I contacted foxtechfpv where I bought my hobbywing 40a platinum esc's before, They told me to set the in-angle to low , so now I'm trying to figure out how to set a low in-angle on the esc, there is no menu on my programming lcd box reffering to that :S waiting for their reply from foxtech again.