Another 3 axis brushless

What is the amperage limit of this board? Some are saying that the Alexmos, while it is a great board, isn't capable of delivering the neccessary amps for larger motors / cameras. I don't have any experience with it, so I don't know if this is the case.

What advantages will this board offer? Just curious.

SMP

Heard the same thing when guys started trying to crack the 1200g (DSLR) limit...then it got quiet and haven't seen people bringing it up again....

kloner

Aerial DP
the alexmos is 1 amp and the martinez is 3 or 4 amp a side......

we got one coming,,,,, should have some results within the next week. hanging it on the jib

kloner

Aerial DP
no, were running two seperate bords. The martinez on the roll and pitch cause it's high amp, the alexmos on top yaw it has the heading hold..... the gimbal is some diy one from rcgroups. jcmonty is heading up the venture.... we want brushless on the big boy and we want it now

as soon as the 32 bit controllers hit the market, we will most likely take the leap. it's obvious that money spent in the gimbal pays off

DennyR

I did find that the Martinez IMU was not compatible with the Alexmos so I guess you are using two imu's. Also the Martinez would not calibrate beyond about 85 deg. Interesting to see how this idea works out. Has anyone done this yet?

The virtual robotix version is somewhat more sophisticated. It seems to be advancing very fast.