A new convert.

15crewdawg

Hello all,

I've actually been a member here for a while but wasn't real active. Until now.
I am a former single rotor guy that is now getting into multi's for AV/FPV and out of the single rotor LOS flying.
I guess you could say I've been "reformed".
I've been flying single rotors since 2008. But when I had one of my heli's turn on me (a rather painful experience), I decided I needed to look into something different.
Multi's looked like the best way to go. And so far it's been a blast. And the video possibilities from these things is astounding.
I currently have a TBS Discovery running T-Motor's, Graupner 9X5's, NAZA w/GPS, and carrying a GoPro 3. But my aim is to go more in the cinema type direction as $$ allows.

See ya around the boards,
15crewdawg

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Thanks for sharing....MRs are fit for purpose for aerial photo and video work due to their outstanding autonomous control and stability..... but they tend to wobble when decending quickly.... due to aerodynamic limitations of fixed blades etc.
Here is a helpful selection chart to gain perspective as to which MR is fit-for-purpose for cinema quality etc. http://droidworx.co.nz/products/guide/

If their prices seem high it is because the ARF and RTF MRs have incorporated all the R&D and Engineering work upfront (and NZ is not China)!
The DIY risk is that you can suddenly find your workspace or "man cave" full of unusable spare parts and 1/2 built MRs as a consequence of your own R&D efforts.

15crewdawg

Thanks.
Yeah, I've been looking at eventually getting into a Skyjib, XM, or equivalent rig. Droidworx seems to be the best and most common rigs around at the moment.
Definitely staying away from the China side as much as possible. Had enough of that with the single rotors. You get what you pay for.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Welcome to the site crewdawg, or should I say congrats on finally deciding to post to the intro forum! We're a friendly crowd (you're here over a year so you probably figured that out already :) ) so jump right in with whatever questions you have.

15crewdawg

Thanks, Bartman.
Yeah, I haven't really had anything to contribute until now. I was mainly just doing research.

Sup, Kloner? Dark side - LOL. I thought that was our other place?
Haven't seen you around the other house for quite a while.

Thanks, Ben. It's a whole new animal with these multi's.