Mikrokopter Flight Data....Xbee vs Jeti

MikroJ

1. Is there any way to read BL temps from the recorded data on SD? which software if so....
2. Also would like to see live data....

What is the best way to do this?

I have researched a little about the Jeti box, but its not really clear how it works, Does it work as a standalone unit or do you need to wire it in to the radio as an extra channel?

I like the idea of the jeti box, over the xbee setup which, from what I have read, needs a laptop and MKtools etc....

If I were to run Xbee would the 2.4gh version be ok to use with my controller being 2.4gh as well?, My video link is 5.8gh. I live in Australia and I think the 900mhz is not allowed, although I have seen somewhere there is a band I could use but the Xbee needs a firmware update.....

mmmmmm don't like the idea of flying too far away and only relying on flashing LED's to signal battery low............... Ideas??

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
1. Is there any way to read BL temps from the recorded data on SD? which software if so....
2. Also would like to see live data....

What is the best way to do this?

I have researched a little about the Jeti box, but its not really clear how it works, Does it work as a standalone unit or do you need to wire it in to the radio as an extra channel?

I like the idea of the jeti box, over the xbee setup which, from what I have read, needs a laptop and MKtools etc....

If I were to run Xbee would the 2.4gh version be ok to use with my controller being 2.4gh as well?, My video link is 5.8gh. I live in Australia and I think the 900mhz is not allowed, although I have seen somewhere there is a band I could use but the Xbee needs a firmware update.....

mmmmmm don't like the idea of flying too far away and only relying on flashing LED's to signal battery low............... Ideas??

The BL temps are not one of the parameters recorded on the SD card, mainly just navigation data.

Which live data to you want to see? If you want to see the BL temps real time the only way that I know of at the moment is the Jeti box. With the XBee setup you have two options, use MKtool and the OSD screen which will give you battery voltage, altitude, heading, number of satellites, and, if you're flying a GPS waypoint route you will be able to follow where in the flight path the MK is. If you use Mission cockpit with the speech module you can have the laptop call out some of the data while flying so you don't have to watch the screen, much of the same parameters that MKtool can display only difference is it talks to you in that weird computer synth voice.

As to the Xbee frequency I would NOT use a 2.4 Xbee with a 2.4 RX, having a tranmitter close to the main receiver on the same frequency is just asking for something to go wrong.

As far as the battery voltages go, I've flown mine timed flights of increasing length until I had a really good idea how long is within safe discharge range, now I just set the timer on the TX and don't fly longer than that.

Ken

MikroJ

I would like to see BL temps mainly. Mission cockpit haven't heard of it but will look into it.
If you want to see the BL temps real time the only way that I know of at the moment is the Jeti box.
Do you know how the jeti is connected. ie separate to controller channels ?

Xbee is looking like the better option atm, but the 900mhz band, I need to research what options I have in Australia.....

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I would like to see BL temps mainly. Mission cockpit haven't heard of it but will look into it.

Do you know how the jeti is connected. ie separate to controller channels ?

Xbee is looking like the better option atm, but the 900mhz band, I need to research what options I have in Australia.....

The Jeti uses it's own duplex RX to receive and send data from the TX. As near as I can figure out from the Germanglish Google translation you either need a TX that can take the Jeti TX module or you have to mod your own to work with it http://translate.google.com/transla.../www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/JetiDuplex&act=url

I've never used one so maybe someone who has one can fill in the details.

Ken

P.S. you can find Mission Cockpit here... http://svn.mikrokopter.de/listing.p...gs/V0.7.0/&#A9f3deea6672857359b524f92cd6aa9c2 You won't find the handbook all that useful unless you can either read and understand German or know someone who can. I have a document I compiled from posts by the author on another forum of how to install and use it if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have the Jeti mini. Its a very useful tool. What TX do you have?
The wiring is very simple its just another wire for the telemetry and a bridge that needs to be soldered on the FC board.

I find it very useful especially when up high taking photos. Its easy getting up thee but the decent rate can be a bit tricky so when I have it up high and want to descend I look at the decent rate to keep it smooth.

The batery page allows you to see everything from current draw to used amps. I do use that to see how much I have left especially when up high moving around taking photos.
BUT I ALWAYS use on of these very cheap alarms
http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=shop&action=additem&item=183

They can be a frame saver. I NEVER fly with out mine. ITS VERY LOUD and you can set it to what voltage you want it to go off at.

Would I get the Jeti system again... Definitely

Michael64

Yes Droider I would also like some info on the connection to the JR 9503 I have an JR 9303 converted to 2.4 and was wondering how hard it is to get the Jeti box working. I to like to monitor as much info as I can when flying to make sure everything is working right with hopefully no unexpected happenings.

Michael64

Crash

Defies Psychics
the language started getting a little saucy on another thread so i had no choice but to put a limited number of "naughty" words into the system. i can tweak it a little but it's pretty basic so you can see the unintended consequences. ****pit, who'd have thunk it.

P.S. you can find Mission ****pit here...

Mission C0ckpit?

Sometimes censorship goes a little to far??

It certainly ****** off my ****. :p

View attachment 394

Attachments

• screenshot.361.jpg
    screenshot.361.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 315

Good evening,

The Xbee pro 2.4 is working very well with Rc 2.4ghz. I use it, friends of mine use it, FPV guy are using it asfar as 700m and ... nothing, no problems at all.
The Xbee is very advantageous respect to wi232: it's more simple to set up, more simple to build (no soldering CMS !) and it works very good.

If you use a PKT (portable kopter tool) with xbee or wi 232 you have evrything on a small screen like the jeti box. (and the PKT can do antenna tracking too)