Howdy! From Detroit

Howdy all!

I want to let you know that I have found these forums already very useful. I just started flying back in the summer of 2012. I got a mQX and love it. The mQX is a blast to fly, easy + cheap to fix. I was getting in 5 flights a day with good weather. I burned up some of the brushed motors doing flips and so much flying with it.

I decided after the new year that I wanted to get something new. I wanted to get a quad, but after researching and reading these forums I found what I really wanted to get was a Hex. I was looking for a stable platform for FPV and some areal photography.

I went to the Weak Signals RC show in Toledo and got a steal on my gear. Being new to RC I needed everything. I ended up with a DJI 550 Flamewheel ARF, Naza-M + GPS, a Spektrum DX8 + receiver + telemetry, a battery charger and two 3S 5000mah batteries. I have not been disappointed. I have been trying to get two flights in a day (weather depending). The 550 + Naza makes flying simple and easy. I love it. (just took me a while to figure out how to configure and setup everything). Now its just a matter of tuning.

I still have a ways to go before I am actually flying FPV, but I am getting there. I have more research to do and some cash to save up, but so far so good. A friend of mine loaned me his JVC GC-XA1 Action Camera to get some FPV video. Right now I am just strapping it on top, but like I said, still new and still have research to do.

I am off to read some more and do some research on whats next.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up MulticopterFPV

Welcome the MRF.

Its always nice to now first names. Also to see some pics of your builds / Multi's

I am sure you will enjoy your stay here. There is loads of really helpful contributors on here 24/7 so in the middle of the night when you cant sleep coz your brain hurst post a question and its not usually to long befoe you et an answer.

All the best

Dave