AerialMediaPros.com Shipping time for TBS Disco

Rehost

Hi,

Since you pretty much are the only ones left with discos, how much time before it is shipped and how long approximate to get to Quebec?

Edit: after reading that, it sounds bad sorry. What I meant was you are the only ones I trust :)

Thank you!
Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:

eternalrc

I purchased his TBS Disco Extreme on March 14th with the understanding that they were out of stock until March 25th. I called Patrick last week for an update and he advised me that his VERY large order from Trappy arrived in New York on the 23rd but must be hung up in customs. He is hoping it will arrive this week. If not he may just place another order with TBS. I hope his order wasn't stolen in transit, that would be the second time he was a victim of such a crime. Patrick seems like a really nice guy and I hear nothing but good things about him so I am going to wait, even though he offered me a refund.

Hi Guys, Sorry for late reply. Getting ready for NAB and the week that followed was completely bonkers. We are steadily getting caught up on emails and phone calls. If we dont answer, please call back and I will get to you. It gets pretty wild here. We will be on the line helping someone, and two people will call while we are on the phone. We call one of them back and two more beep in while we are helping them. Pretty much like this all day long. I want to help everyone, and we are trying our best. If we do not get right back to you, Please call or email again. I really appreciate your patience while we get caught up. My direct email is aerialmediapros@yahoo.com

OK, as for the TBS order,
OMG. What a pain in the A%$ this has been. We have a very large order that was due to arrive on the 25th of last month. It came into USA customs in new your and got held there for while. Not too worried though as this happens all the time with TBS orders for some reason. Finally it cleared customs on April 1st, Yippi that means it shuld be here in 3-4 days max. WRONG, two weeks have passed and it is still missing. All tracking says is that it left on the 1st.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConf...s1=CA610813867AT&qtc_senddate1=&qtc_zipcode1=

So now I am working with Trappy trying to figure our were this big $ package is. USPS will not help me and has no info on it, other than it left NJ on April 1. Trappy thinks maybe the Zipcode was left off the address, and USPS says that in that case it probably went back to sender. Problem is that if it went back to sender, that Trappy has moved and now resides in Hong Kong. So I am not sure there is someone at his old address to receive it. Damnnnnnnn, this sucks. Of course I am offering full refunds on any backorders to anyone that wants them, but most want to just wait, due to them being out of Stock everywhere. I am one of only 2 dealers here in the USA, and neither I or Tim can get any TBS stuff right now.

Last I spoke to Trappy, I said lets get another new order shipped out right away, and we will deal with this missing order as it happens. He said he couldnt take any more orders for another 3-4 weeks.

So, as of right now. I am crossing my fingers in hopes that Trappy can get ahold of the shipping company, and give them what ever info is needed in order to get my shipment delivered to me :( In the meantime it is just a waiting game. If anyone has questions on there order, feel free to email or call me at 888-557-6791, and Ill be happy to take care of you.

Sorry for all of this guys, believe me, I want my order to show just as badley as everyone else.

Patrick

eternalrc

Thanks for the update Patrick! looks like I don't have to call you this week after all. I'll wait a few more and check this thread from time to time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

eternalrc

Thanks for the update Patrick! looks like I don't have to call you this week after all. I'll wait a few more and check this thread from time to time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Tracking info shows delivered today! I'm stoked! So glad I waited.

Ha, thats funny. I just realized I quoted myself. This is the first time I've used a forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

eternalrc

I received the Disco and WOW, what a blast! Patrick does a really nice, clean build. I put 3 packs threw it and basically just hovered and flew within a 200 Ft. radius at about 100 ft. up. All flights were in Atti mode LOS. I had my Horyzon HD cam on board and recorded the last two flights. I got 11 minutes on 4000 mah Zippy Compact 25C lipos. and they had 33% remaining after landing. I have an issue with GPS mode. It drifts back and to the right. I think I know what the problem is, but wanted to post and see if you all agree. My Disco was set up in Costa Mesa Ca. I checked Magnetic Declination there and this is what I found:

COSTA MESALatitude: 33° 38' 28" N
Longitude: 117° 55' 4" W
Magnetic declination: 12° 16' EAST
Declination is POSITIVE
Inclination: 58° 33'
Magnetic field strength: 47148.9 nT

This tells me that Patrick would have had to turn the GPS clockwise 12%, and it looks like it was.
I live in Shoreham, NY:

SHOREHAM
Latitude: 40° 57' 26" N
Longitude: 72° 54' 29" W
Magnetic declination: -13° 41' WEST
Declination is NEGATIVE
Inclination: 66° 51'
Magnetic field strength: 52111.7 nT

This tells me that I need to turn the GPS 13% counter-clockwise, correct? I am afraid to try it, don't want to crash. can anyone chime in and let me know if I am on the right path to fix this?

It is OK to start rotating your GPS puck about 5 deg at a time. Go in one direction, If the swirling gets worse, then go in the opposite direction. Keep making small udjustments until it is locked in pretty good. Hope that helps,

Patrick

eternalrc

Hi Patrick, Thanks for the extras! I love this thing. My problem is not toilet bowl effect. It just drifts backward and if I dont correct it it will just keep going in a straight line back. It holds rock solid in Atti mode. Even Manual mode is dialed in. That brings me to my next question. When I first connected to Naza Assistant I realized the three position switch was set up to toggle between Atti (up), Atti (center), and GPS (down). No Manual. I changed the one Atti to manual with the drop down option. Should I not have done that?