2013 Masters Shot

jcmonty

So, just had the Masters on right now and they showed what has to be an MR shot of flying the 13th hold. It's at tree level - so no real heli I would think

My money is someone on this forum did it.. who's taking credit? Beautiful shot btw.

jcmonty

No, I have seen that. It was dynamic shot of flying over hole 13 - obviously filmed before the masters. I am assuming it was a multirotor shot just because of the AGL it seems to be have been shot at.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
jc

from what i've been told, the pga is a very conservative, very careful organization and I'd be surprised if they have already embraced multi-rotor technology beyond satisfying their basic curiosities. having said that, i've also been told that they shut down the courses and clear everyone out on the day that the heli's are brought in to do the aerial work. all full scale stuff from what I understand.

maybe i'm wrong though but i saw the same footage you're talking about and it looked full scale to me, imho.

jcmonty

You could be right. I guess with a nice stabilizer and long focal length you could get those shots with a heli - just seemed pretty low to me. I bet an RC would have been less expensive to hire ;)

DennyR

There are very specific rules for flying over golf courses with FS helis. The CGI footage used on TV to show each hole in detail and where the balls land is always done beforehand when the course has to be empty of all people. I doubt that any low level shots came from that source. I cant imaging the size of an insurance claim if a MR hit one of the top players. Someone was out of line to even let those guys through the gate if it was a genuine Masters day.