Very good statement about Multirotors, FPV and legal regulation......

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Is that XJET? IF so that dude built a missile at home and have the govt chasing him for a while. He's like a mad genius or something I have been told.

ChrisViperM

Is that XJET? IF so that dude built a missile at home and have the govt chasing him for a while. He's like a mad genius or something I have been told.

That was in 2003 when he wanted to proof two things: It's possible to build a cruise missile with stuff which is legally avalible on ebay and the internet....and that it is possible to build a cruise missile for just about $ 5.000 what the government is paying $ 1.000.000 for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Simpson
http://www.interestingprojects.com/cruisemissile/

But this doesn't make his statment in the above video better or worse....

Chris

Tomstoy2

I fully agree with him. One thing we can do is to invite our local legislatures out to view and enjoy a gathering, see what we are actually doing. Here in Denver, we have a small group of people who like to gather together on blm land up in the mountains and have a good days fun flying fpv. This is a prime example of the type of local non-affiliated events that a simple call to your congressman could help out in the awareness front. Another, is to just stick to the term rc model instead of drone. Drones are what the government flies, not us. Even professionals fly rc camera platforms, not drones.

Efliernz

Pete
Unfortunately, while Bruce does make some good statements, the abrasive nutter way that he deals with many of his "issues" greatly impacts the crediblilty of the good stuff.

...just saying ;)

jfro

Aerial Fun
33,590 views since posted on Feb 11, 2013. First I've heard about it even though that's about the time I decided to build my first RC Model (x8) to carry a camera for filming and photography.
I visit this site 2-4 times per day on my computer and phone, and I'm amazed this hasn't been mentioned before.

Good for him sitting down and taking a moment to show the FPV and RC Model flying crowd's point of view. He did a decent job and IMO, we need more of this counter some of the absurd legislation that's being proposed here in the US.