Hello from Scotland UK

blades

Just getting into UAV and found this resource.... I'm looking forward to having a good read through this. Hello to everyone :)

blades

Hi Blades, not a million miles from you...Lossiemouth.

Hi Bowley.... good to find more local people. I have a few acres at my property so dabbling with some flying areas.... mini airport perhaps, windsock so on. At least it will look the part? Would be nice to organise a get together if there are enough folk interested??

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Ah, you lucky bugger, I'd love to have some land like that and have a mini airfield. There's some cracking scenery around your end as well, both of you.

Bowley

Hi Bowley.... good to find more local people. I have a few acres at my property so dabbling with some flying areas.... mini airport perhaps, windsock so on. At least it will look the part? Would be nice to organise a get together if there are enough folk interested??

Sounds great, must be great to have a few acres to play with..for many things. I just have a small garden but Milltown flying site is just a few minutes drive away.

blades

Attachments

• 17. View from ponds.jpg
    17. View from ponds.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 16. view from deck.jpg
    16. view from deck.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 374
  • 14. paddocks.jpg
    14. paddocks.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 226

Langdale

Right, that's decided then, we're all coming to your place !!! How many will those wooden sheds sleep.......:nevreness:
Peter

blades

Right, that's decided then, we're all coming to your place !!! How many will those wooden sheds sleep.......:nevreness:
Peter

That may well become the plan Peter.... 'pimp' out the land in exchange for the expertise :friendly_wink:

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
There's a hotel in France that caters to rc flyers (Domaine-du-Planet), has a little runway etc, and I think they do pretty well. I can see an rc flying campsite in your location been pretty cool with the local scenery.

Edit: found link: http://www.domaine-du-planet.fr/eng/home.html

Looks awesome, would love to have something like this one day. Obviously Domaine-du-Planet is a pretty full on setup, but your location isn't any less attractive really and it's a similar idea:

View attachment 10964

Attachments

• dscn1474.jpg
    dscn1474.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:

blades

There's a hotel in France that caters to rc flyers (Domaine-du-Planet), has a little runway etc, and I think they do pretty well. I can see an rc flying campsite in your location been pretty cool with the local scenery.

Edit: found link: http://www.domaine-du-planet.fr/eng/home.html

Looks awesome, would love to have something like this one day. Obviously Domaine-du-Planet is a pretty full on setup, but your location isn't any less attractive really and it's a similar idea:

View attachment 13973

Cheers for the link.... the place looks fantastic!!!

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I know, I will have to try it sometime. Or maybe we could have a multirotorforum meeting there sometime, that would be ace.

Langdale

We're such a friendly lot on here. You only have to introduce yourself and suddenly we all want to come and visit !!
Peter