Hoverfly Setting up Autolevel on HFP.. small question.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
In the set up client, when setting the slider for auto leveling...

It has Smooth ---------- Balanced ------- Aggressive.

I have left the slider at balanced but I'm interested in finding out what exactly smooth and aggressive mean.

Does the auto level respond Smoothly allowing the rig to drift a little but keeping the rig a bit smoother in smooth mode?
Are the corrections in aggressive jerky, but keeps the rig very level?

I know what some will say.. try them... but before I do, I was hoping for a bit more of an explanation!

Thanks in advance!
SC

Efliernz

Pete
This setting decides how fast the copter will return to level. It doesn't alter what level is - just how fast and smoothly it goes to level.

I use around 15-25% on my machines. I can be hard-forward on the pitch and be flying at 50Km/hr and let the stick go "twang" to central and the copter will smoothly level out in approx 1/3-1/2 second without snapping to level.
Snapping too quick (in extreme cases) may cause it to porpoise.

Pete

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok thanks Pete. So for AV, closer to "smooth" will be of a benefit. I'll give it a go and move that slider to the left a good bit.

Thanks!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
pretty much what Kloner said. you don't really want the heli fighting you to get back to level when you ease up on the sticks.

kloner

Aerial DP
haha, i didn't do it

I run 10.... when you let go of the stick you can count how long it takes to smooth out. it's like between manual and leveling

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i've been OD'ing on message boards lately.......sorry Pete

Correction.....what Pete said