TBS Disco - Landing Gear & Brushless Gimbal Mounting Options?

tstrike

pendejo grande
older thread here just wanted to post my 'frankenstein-ing' from this weekend, its not pretty but yielding good results so far:

tbs disco, dji motors/ESCs w/ 10" graupners. quanternium blg and is made for the hero3. my block of pine and bolts here are 26g plus the weight of the blg/hero3 put this just under 4lbs. first few test flights I'm getting damn good footage with the smallest amount of jello. have my cog pretty close though it is a little nose heavy. handles pretty well, and after about 6min motors/ESCs are warm but not blazing. prolly going to redo mount this weekend and recess the blg a little bit, just want to be able to go full wide without props in shot. so far so good!

Nice, you should mount the roll motor straight to the block of wood, bring the gimbal back some. I flew my disco loaded to the gills with crap hanging off the nose on suppo's and 9" graups, not the most aggressive flying mind you, but it flew fine.View attachment 12528The camera plate in the front got wacked off and I used the fattest battery I could squeeze in the rear and made sure the cog was set properly in naza.

Attachments

• disco3.jpg
    disco3.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 421

pretty stable but not nimble by any means. since i have my battery pulled back 3-4" past end of frame to get my cog, a little goes a long way when pitching the nose fwd/backward - and if you're inline with wind, it's even more exaggerated. need to put my gains back on the knob so i can dial in easier in the field

as for a fun fpv quad, though i havent flown the qav500, I'd imagine the dji arms are cheaper to replace than the qav aluminum ones .. assuming fun = more courageous flying that has more potential for unhappy ending ;]

that tbs pro looks great, wonder what the pricing will be like?

Nice, you should mount the roll motor straight to the block of wood, bring the gimbal back some. I flew my disco loaded to the gills with crap hanging off the nose on suppo's and 9" graups, not the most aggressive flying mind you, but it flew fine.View attachment 15908The camera plate in the front got wacked off and I used the fattest battery I could squeeze in the rear and made sure the cog was set properly in naza.

wow thats loaded! thats a good idea and eventually will. wanted to be able to adjust the distance while experimenting here. what mah/flytime you getting? mines 4000 @ 6-7 min