Hoverfly Testing the HoverflyPro with no Rudder control interesting Ehh...

3dheliguy

Hey all, I got a question for the plush crew. I'm currently running the turnigy plush 60 amps escs with KopterWorx KW8 pros, and I was wondering what kind of temps you guy are getting on the ESCs after 7 minute flights.

I know it's going to be hard to replicate, but current weather for me in southern Cali is right around 75f and I'm getting some interesting results on ESC temps with my Octo.

Current configuration:
CS8
Kw8
Plush 60
Hoverfly pro
Wiring loom hoverfly style
AUW 16 pounds with camera.
5s setup.

My current temps on ESC with well balanced load is around 120-130f and I'm a little concerned about how this will fair in warm weather. I'm currently thinking 6s system might be better for this load in warm weather, but just wanted to get some input.

kloner

Aerial DP
did you change the timing? on my kw8 pro setup it took high timing to mellow out my motor temps, but i've never felt heat in eaither rigs esc's even carrying heavy loads

kloner

Aerial DP
it's so highly overrated. i'll have plenty of time to sleep when i'm dead.

i've got a bad multi rotor habit and a 2 1/2 and 4 year old. They are both like honey badgers......5:05 am, hey dad, you awake? after building till the wee hours in the morning. Explains why i drink 32oz of espresso every morning.

Stacky

I always thought the higher the timing mode we selected the warmer our motors ran at. I cant remember where I heard that so its probably a load of bollocks.

3dheliguy

As far as timing goes it depends on how the motor like to be ran.

Prop size is 14 4.7. I was going to drop by AMP, but Patrick was on set today. Hopefully tomorrow... I have to pick RCA to hdmi convertor for video downlink camera.

3dheliguy

Right on Klones thats what I was looking at on eBay for around the same price, but I couldn't find operating voltage. So i was doing more research, but if your throwing it out there then it must work.