Hi to everyone from Wigan

Hi eveyone new to quads, have been learning to fly helis not very good, then saw these quads loved the look. So I have bought one, DJI F550/naza and gps. Just finished build and now learning to set up finding a bit hard so I will be asking for help shortly. Regards to all and thanks in advance for help I will need:nevreness:

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Beltin' choice, I started off in a similar way. You should have less repair time with a quad.
Welcome from sunny Southport:)

Langdale

Hi Lectricman, I went down the same route, got fed up of crashing/repairing/crashing etc. etc. I've also got the F550 and getting better at keeping aloft.

That wasn't your car I saw in Wigan was it, the one with the bumper sticker "No Pies Are Kept In This Car Overnight!!!!!

You have to come from Wigan to appreciate that :tennis:

You'll find losts of good info from some good guys on here. I've learn't alot. And Jake will always be around, I'm sure he's stalking me!!

Peter

Langdale

Jake, whenever I'm on here, you're on to, when I'm on FPVHub, you're there, when I'm on FindaMan.com, ........:nevreness:

Sorry Lectricman, we (Jake) seems to have taken over this thread, please feel free to join in !!

Peter

PeterS

Hi - as a newbie and a fellow collector of Helis with bent feathering shaft, main shaft, broken blades and my inability or lack of bravery to master anything 3D (outside the odd inverted flight) I too decided to give MR's a go. The amount of information to be found on here is phenomenal - and theres a fair few of us within a 20 mile radius.
So Welcome from Preston - Peter

Langdale

Hi Peter, which part of Preston are you at, where do you fly? You're welcome to come down to Preston Heli Club. We fly at Kirkham Carr Hill School on Thursday nights. I'm the only one on quads as they got fed up with me crashing helis (joking) If you want to come down, drop me a pm and I'll arrange it.
Got my F550 from Geoff as well but use a Gaui 500 for crashing practice.
I feel a meet coming on in summer as long as Jake brings some sausages. ??
PeteP

PeterS

Hi Pete - Im in Penwortham, so only down the road from you. Not been part of a club, but would be interested once the weather improves a bit.
'Quads and Sausages' - The North West MR meet!, lol, I'm sure we can get Droider, Geoff and Paul along from Quadcopters/Aerial Vue as well

Hi all, battling with this setup trying to set bind failsafe . Can get thottle to move when tx is shut down, but will not move U switch to failsafe. Just going for bath then trying agian if I have no luck I will asking for some help. should be back on in a couple of hours to cry and ask for help or brag.

Hi Jake, Peter and Peters, Heads up my *** at present running around like an idiot today trying to get back to my new toy, bath now then play time, see if I can get this to bind write.

Hi and Thankyou for the welcome, I do love a good meat and taty pie.Now for f550 I got it in failsafe all working :). What batteries did you use on your build Peter yours is same as mine, and how much flying time do you get with them. Oh and PeterS I have 6 birds all needing new shafts and blades and servos, one a new tail.I am also building a 600 size Airwolf with a align 600 pro, thats took the best part of 18 months and still a long way to go.Jake every time I go to southport the tides out :highly_amused:.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up lecticman welcome to MRF.. Guess you have already found it useful.. Be good to meet up. I usually organise a meet once a year but maybe we could all go Langdales club one night for a meet and fly.. what do you recon Pete?

Dave

Langdale

Hi Dave, Preston Heli Club meet in the sports hall at Kirkham Carr Hill School. I'm still trying to convince them about going over to "THE DARK SIDE". It's a really friendly club, and they helped a lot when I was learning to hover helis but they must have got fed up with bits or carbon flying all over the place when I crashed (not as often now though).
I have a Gaui 500 for practicing nose in and hovering but it's restricted to half a badminton court. We don't have an outdoor flying field although I think there is one in Kirkham.
Some of us though go to Walmer Bridge Village Hall and fly on the football field. If a small number (just locals for now) are interested, I'm sure we could have some time down there. I suppose the problem? with quads and hexas is that they're not really designed for hovering inside, especially if you have RTH and lose contact and the thing tries to go through the roof !!
I'm up for a meet when weather improves, providing Jake brings his sausages!!
Just a thought, Jake, would Tarleton Rugby Club be a bit bigger than one football pitch?

Peter

Langdale

Lectricman, I'm using 3S 5000's on my F550 and got 8 mins with Gemfan 9" in Torxpower 2216 900 motors. I'm putting a GoPro on and some other "stuff" so I expect this to come down a bit.

Peter

Hi Dave thk,s for welcome, it would be good to meet. Dose anybody have or had rctimer carbon fiber blades, have just been given 8 new ones and just wondering if any good.