Motors won't arm after tbs discovery upgrade.

deathroFPV

Hello,

I'm new to this site and new to quadcopters. I recently bought a f450 with naza, gps and futaba t8j. Bought it as a rtf cause I have a apple mac and naza doesn't support ios. Soon after I decided to get the TBS discovery frame. Cross over all my electronics to the new frame. I am electronics technician so I do know how to solder and check for polarity. After I finished assembling I plug in the battery and checked to see if it worked. I was able to see the leds change colors when i changed modes so i know its taking to each other. I waited for the led to turn pulse green on GPS mode so I can arm the motors. Armed motors but no movement. not even a jerk. Checked the power tabs for each esc and the all read correct volts about 12.4vdc. No smoke smell or signs of a component being blown. It lead me to this naza is not sending the signal to turn on. My only conclusion is I need to connect my naza to a pc to maybe set radio controls again??? Maybe when I disconnected the gps cable and the sbus cable from the naza is reset something. Please help I feel like such a noob right now. Rookie mistake

Ro

kloner

Aerial DP
make sure the sub trims and trims are centered...... make sure there is no dual rates setup on the radio.

deathroFPV

Kloner,

Checked subtrims and they are 0. My D/R expo L is 100% and R is 100% for ch1. d/r up is 100% and down is 100% for ch2 is that wrong?

deathroFPV

Kloner,

Centering the trims worked. You the man brotha. Noticed your in SD. We should meet up to fly the quads. I live in Rancho Cucamonga so it not too far. Besides my wife is getting tire of me talking about my quad. Lol

kloner

Aerial DP
those are right. how about the trims, the things around the sticks......

i'm a couple hours south, if you can't get to a pc, cruise down and i'll help ya get it going. The only way to really diagnose whats up is to hook it to a pc, recalibrate the radio, see what the sticks are looking like in naza.... troubleshoot it

deathroFPV

The trims did it. :tennis: I was so excited to see her fly again. Thanks again

I do want to meet up soon to hook it up to the pc and do some fine tuning. Set the gains more suitable for the tbs and fpv. I also have kinda of a drift so i red it could need to calibrate my imu? Also to gain more knowledge. What area are you in? I grew up down there. I lived in esco, poway, rancho bernardo, graduated at ITT Tech. over on aero dr. in 94.