SteadiDrone QU4D - Foldable GoPro 3 Quadcopter!

SteadiDrone

www.steadidrone.com

Hey everyone! Hope you are all well and out flying.
Just a quick post to share with you guys our new SteadiDrone QU4D, a super compact, high performance, top quality fully Ready to Fly foldable quadcopter :tennis: Oh it also comes with a roll axis gimbal and GoPro bracket!
Check out the video above and for more info and photos, check the website here http://www.steadidrone.com/where-to-buy/steadidrone-qu4d

Some images

View attachment 9887
View attachment 9888
Let me know your thoughts, comments crits or if you have any questions, get intouch, any time.

Attachments

• q1.jpg
    q1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 622
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 609
Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
you did a great job on marketing in the video....... i'd be scared to sell something like that with apm...robust but not the most reliable controller is it? I've seen it go both ways with the 3dr version

Your drivers seat is on the wrong side......

maxwelltub

you could just as easy use a naza I assume, based on the space. do the ESC's live in the main hub? what type of power distribution?

jcmonty

you did a great job on marketing in the video....... i'd be scared to sell something like that with apm...robust but not the most reliable controller is it? I've seen it go both ways with the 3dr version

Your drivers seat is on the wrong side......

APM has a steep learning curve. With the next release, it's going to be on par with the NAZA in GPS modes - but with full waypoints. It's feature rich, and finally the base performance is getting there. Tuning and knowing how to setup is the key - you have seen mine - it's still not 100% tuned right. Still flies really well. For plug n play, naza really can't be beat though

philg

I really like what you guys are doing over in RSA.
I like what you have done with minimising vibration through using the rubber O-ring,good work there.
I have done something similar using rubber fuel line hose,definite improvement in vibrations getting through.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer

Geez, are you still going on about this? What is your sum total experience with the system? Last time you made a complaint, you hadn't used it much if at all.

SteadiDrone

www.steadidrone.com
Hey Kloner. APM is the best and most reliable FC out there, we've flown 10 000+ flights on our own drones for films, commercials etc without nay trouble, they rock! The new code is even better and I'd fly nothing else.

SteadiDrone

www.steadidrone.com
you could just as easy use a naza I assume, based on the space. do the ESC's live in the main hub? what type of power distribution?

ESC are between the two main plates yes, nice and tucked away, but still get plenty of air. We use a very simple, but super reliable soldered PD.

SteadiDrone

www.steadidrone.com
APM has a steep learning curve. With the next release, it's going to be on par with the NAZA in GPS modes - but with full waypoints. It's feature rich, and finally the base performance is getting there. Tuning and knowing how to setup is the key - you have seen mine - it's still not 100% tuned right. Still flies really well. For plug n play, naza really can't be beat though

Not sure I agree here, back in the day it may have been tricky to learn and setup but now, It's FAR easier than even the NAZA. It does not have to be exactly centred, when we setup our systems, it takes 10 mintus from loading the code to in the air, the misison planne GUI is brilliant and easy to use and understand, and as you've mentioned the extra advanced features is well worth any initial setup learning curve. I'm nont trying to sell the APM here, altough we use it, our product is the actual airframe etc, but APM2.5 is the best thing out there if you look at what is does, performance and price.

maxwelltub

Ok, hijack. How much programming expeiernce do you need for apm? I have messed around with an andrino kit before but that's it.

kloner

Aerial DP
I'm watching apm fly first hand and just don't agree with it beeing the best out there..... no way. The movie footage from onboard shows the apm wobbling around in your own flick non stop, then words next to it saying smooth.... from the dude that says it's the best out there. You can lie to the fans, but not the players....still fun flick, the proximity flying is what made it

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Not sure I agree here, back in the day it may have been tricky to learn and setup but now, It's FAR easier than even the NAZA. It does not have to be exactly centred, when we setup our systems, it takes 10 mintus from loading the code to in the air, the misison planne GUI is brilliant and easy to use and understand, and as you've mentioned the extra advanced features is well worth any initial setup learning curve. I'm nont trying to sell the APM here, altough we use it, our product is the actual airframe etc, but APM2.5 is the best thing out there if you look at what is does, performance and price.

I dunno about this... In some cases, such as if you buy a 3DR Quad, it is very much plug and play. I just went through the process again, started from scratch, and didn't have to spend any time tuning. I just turned down the roll/pitch gain a smidge because I was running on 4S instead of 3S.

But then if you have a setup that is not a standard, it can be much more difficult. I don't think our setup and wizard is anywhere near close to DJI. This is one area that really could be improved.

However, the cheap and easy to use telemetry system is brilliant, and definitely makes it much easier to tune the system. That can't be ignored either. Especially Ch6 tuning. Awesome.

So, it can be super easy to use if you have a 3DR quad. Or it can be tricky. Easy once you know what you're doing, due to telemetry, but figuring it out is a lot of work.

Ok, hijack. How much programming expeiernce do you need for apm? I have messed around with an andrino kit before but that's it.

Pretty much none. Most people won't have to look at a single line of code. It's all done in the GUI/Mission Planner now. As I say, it can still be a lot to learn but, if you're the type of guy who can figure out how to wipe and rebuild a PC, or root a phone and install a new ROM, you'll have no problem.

The movie footage from onboard shows the apm wobbling around in your own flick non stop,

Can you show a similar video from another system, where the quad is flying around that fast and dynamic, but is more smooth? Or what timestamp in Duran's video is the quad sitting still for more than 1/2 a second where you could judge it's ability to stay motionless? Do you know the wind conditions of the day? Or what the pilot's inputs were? You made a similar complaint about my FPV video, but the fact is, the way that it looked had nothing to do with the performance of the system. It was my first FPV video. I was not inputting the smoothest commands. No flight controller can magically figure out what the pilot really wanted it to do, and then smooth out the inputs. I mean sure, you can WAY overdamp the controller, or filter the inputs, and it will look all nice and smooth, as long as there's no wind... but that doesn't mean the thing can respond dynamically, for high speed flight, or fight a wind.

Simply put, you cannot judge a system based on a single video. Nor can you judge a system based on the feelings of a single user. It could very well be that that user just couldn't figure out how to make it work for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
Is this a pump for apm or for the sweet lil quad? Roll only, no tilt? It looks cool and is the right size for sure, good luck with it steadidrone dude!

maxwelltub

Nice, this is a good discussion. I'd be interested in seeing how the roll gimbal works. I've only ever flown with dji fc on multirotors and I've become a little spoiled. But I've also found that I'm starting to run into limitations when it comes to programming and what not so I'm interested in trying out the apm. And back to the point the quad looks sweet.

dr427

Trying to figure it out!
Nice product! I like the full RTF specs, but I didn't see anything on what radio you are supplying with it?

2.4Ghz Advanced digital flight control radio system

plingboot

I have an APM and those tiger motors in my spares box, if I place a frame only order would you supply the APM settings you use?

Also a question about those motors, I think they're great, but had lots of issues (along with many others) with them/the esc's loosing timing. How have you addressed this problem?

Emowillcox

These little foldable frames look cool. I'm gonna order one to try out if I can just get off work in time to make it to the bank to do a wire exchange for my order.