WKM will not calibrate

DIPswitch

Hey guys,

I have a WKM unit , that I have flown with no issues before. Its been a while since I flew. I cannot get the GPS to calibrate.
When I go thru the steps, I get the blue light, then horizontal 360. Then green light, vertical 360. (360 = me holding the MR and performing the 360. "ONE" 360 holding vertical, with the front pointing in the direction I am looking, and the second "ONE" 360 holding the MR vertical, with the front pointing down.) Then a 3second wihite. After the 3 second white, I get the rapid flashing red.

I have turned off my cell phone. Have gone to a spot the has the least amount of interference. (that I know of), and still no luck.

anything I should triple check? It has to be something small that I am overlooking.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

rudy1977

In WKM manual (fig 1 and 2) describe two different metod when using GPS. If red blinks DO NOT Take off, other one if 2 red or one red blink READY TO GO. Which one is RIGHT?
Another is compass calibration. In fig 3 mention that you must calibrate compass if you change (remove/change) batteries? Is this right? So, when switching discharged battery with new one (charged one) must do compass calibration?

I have had this problem yesterday. I think the instructions could be better. The blue, then the green, then 3 seconds of white is correct. But immediately after you do get flashing red because the unit is in looking for satellites mode. I think if it is rapidly flashing continuously do it again. The flashing immediately after the 3s white should be the same as how it is when you first switch on the unit. I am a novice but that is my understanding. Others more experienced might confirm or add something.

DIPswitch

rudy1977, from what I have experienced, a rapidly flashing red light after calibration attempt is a "Failed" calibration.

steve9996, Now that the unit is not calibrated , when I plug in the batteries, I just get the rapid flash red.

thanks guys

elossam

Imo it is a faulti gps. See it recently and advised the owner to ask his dealer about exchange it. I would not use it.

DIPswitch

Now that I have my assistant up , this is the error is get.
the error code is not listed.

has anyone seen this?

thanks

View attachment 9882

Attachments

• DJI-ERROR.jpg
    DJI-ERROR.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 385

DIPswitch

My assistant was showing voltage off.
Then the assistant stopped working. (according to windows)
I re-installed assistant.
I then showed voltage on.
Turned off voltage.

the thing flys now...

xerofly

Hey guys,

I have a WKM unit , that I have flown with no issues before. Its been a while since I flew. I cannot get the GPS to calibrate.
When I go thru the steps, I get the blue light, then horizontal 360. Then green light, vertical 360. (360 = me holding the MR and performing the 360. "ONE" 360 holding vertical, with the front pointing in the direction I am looking, and the second "ONE" 360 holding the MR vertical, with the front pointing down.) Then a 3second wihite. After the 3 second white, I get the rapid flashing red.

I have turned off my cell phone. Have gone to a spot the has the least amount of interference. (that I know of), and still no luck.

anything I should triple check? It has to be something small that I am overlooking.

Thanks

I first calibrated compass in mid of may 2013 and everything went fine as per the manual ...yesterday I did a version update from 5.20 to 5.24 DJI WKM and I was not able to calibrate the compass (blue light glows...I am able to horizontal calibration followed by green....when I do vertical calibration after 360 degree rotation I get blinking Red..which signifies a calibration error) and i also noticed green blinks on atti mode and I found that these blinks signify IMU data loss.

I suspected the version upgrade and I reverted back to 5.20 and there were no green blinks. I continued with the calibration but Compass fails to calibrate. The calibration was done on interference free open zone where we previously calibrated the same DJI WKM successfully.

What should I do now?

DIPswitch

Maybe when you did your update the assistant defaulted to voltage regulator (I can't remember exactly what it's called)
Double check in the voltage or battery tab and turn OFF voltage .

Other than that , I couldn't tell ya.
Haven't flown WKM in months.

xerofly

Maybe when you did your update the assistant defaulted to voltage regulator (I can't remember exactly what it's called)
Double check in the voltage or battery tab and turn OFF voltage .

Other than that , I couldn't tell ya.
Haven't flown WKM in months.

We did that...have written to DJI waiting for the response...