website performance

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had any trouble with the site loading too slowly? The site is on a shared server and I'm seeing problems with the other site I started with the same hosting company.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
It's noticeably slower than the majority of other websites I go to on this computer. I think it's OK for now but if traffic picks up it will need a boost.

Ken

Bartman

the server performance numbers are at least twenty times slower than they should be. i'm trying to get a hold of the hosting company to complain.
bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Being on mobile broadband most of the time while working away I dont notice anything. Ill report back when I am home at the weekend.
Dave

Bartman

i spoke with customer service at the hosting company today and they said they would do a few things to optimize the site's performance. i'd like to hear your feedback as to whether or not the site is running faster.
i've got four batteries to swap connectors on and various other punch list items to take care of so I can be productive tomorrow with the Okto. I'll catch up to all y'all tomorrow or later tonight.
bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
For whatever reason it got really fast last evening for a while but today seemed to be back to its usual self. Not bad right now but it doesn't seem significantly different than the typical response times lately. I used to be a sysadmin for a website hosting company, there's a lot of places where things can bottleneck in a typical ISP hosting environment, sometimes it's pretty tough to track down, other times it's simply because the systems architecture behind the scenes is crap as was the case with the outfit I worked for. They did everything they could to save a $ on equipment and charge as much as possible to the end user so they could pocket the difference and the IT staff had to keep it all running at max performance without spending anything to make it better. I lasted about a year before the constant late night beeper calls got to be too much to deal with, then they sold the whole mess to Network Solutions right after I left.

Ken

Cabe

50/50 usually wether its slow or not for me, although I make use of the "new posts" feature quite often so its usually running a search.