Sony α7R II announced

d.ammons11

It's by FAR going to be the best light weight aerial camera out there....full frame 4k 14bit uncompressed recording internally!! Insane! Among all of the AWESOME features it gets, one that caught my eye was the auto focus, which is super fast with 399 phase-detect AF points.

I work for a professional aerial photography/video company (HoverCameras) and we just bought the s1000 with the a7s gimbal and A2 before the A7R II was announced. Now were going to wait until august for it's release because we can't buy an A7S on good conscience knowing this thing is waiting around the corner. Just hoping it will still be compatible with our gimbal like the A7R is.

I am also wondering what a good battery setup for this copter will be...want to run dual packs for redundancy, but don't know if 2 10,000 mAh batts is too much or not. Any input would be appreciated, even though I know I should start a new thread really. Just lazy.

d.ammons11

....reported the camera runs hot when recording internal 4k. "max record time of 18 min in cool basement"

Everything else is pure praise.

The heat might be an issue, but the record time definitely depends on what size of SD card...unless after 18min the battery dies. Did the reviewers say specifics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

violetwolf

I've had my eye on this one for a while. But the $4600 Canadian dollars price tag then lenses... Ack! And batteries are like $65 CAD as well.

And with insurance companies shying away from insuring multirotors...

On the up side there will be glut of cheap used A7s out there soon ;)