Private Investigator here

decadude

I heard this community was about the best to go to for what is the best wireless transmitter and receiver "for the money"

Currently I have a receiver that I think is good it is a PV-1000 & Wireless Video Receiver PVRX-806

Maybe it is maybe it isn't I know they make lawmate transmitters that go with this receiver but not sure what camera to buy looking for quality but economical but would have good distance.

I can change the rp sma antennas for better antenna on the receiver unit I have so would be open to recommendations there too. Looking for small compact and dang good rang here.

Thanks to all who reply

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Connex... whole new type of system worth the money.
Connex full size, cone mini.

3000FT HD, 1500ft HD.

Assuming its not going on a drone and therefore you may not have clear line of sight you're going to want a fairly strong transmitter. Problem with that is they take more power and need good cooling. Most sites that sell FPV gear have some high powered transmitters available. Once you try to go around corners and through buildings and such it becomes pretty limited though.

tanasap

If you want HD your choices are limited. Connex and Lightbridge both can do low latency HD, though they will need line of sight or very minimal obstruction. You could try doing something in lower frequency/longer wavelength if SD is acceptable. Something like 900mhz would give you more bend around obstacles/penetration through walls, etc.