New Aeronavics Dampeners - Group Buy

Mojave

I want to propose a group purchase of the Aeronavics (Droidworx) redesigned dampeners for USA members. There are two new harder classes that have been added recently: Hard (Part No. 406-0324) and Very Hard (Part No. 1406-0235). I have the ones that came with my gear rail assembly. I have not flown as much as some but there has been an issue; they are not quite hard enough to keep the gimbal and camera assembly from swinging with heavier payloads that are being flown on our multirotor helicopters. See this thread: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?14175-SJ8-V2-build-problem-with-gear-rail/page3 Look at posts: #28, #29 (video), and #30.

[Dampers or dampeners – call them what you will; most of us use the terms interchangeably – and both terms for the same meaning will be used here. Regardless these shock absorbers help isolate the vibration on our small unmanned aerial vehicles from our gimbaled cameras that hang below.]

I decided to investigate the harder dampeners since I will be flying a Canon 5D2. I have been trading emails with Linda at Aeronavics and other staff members. Also, Lance (Vortex) in Australia, let me know what he uses. I may purchase a set of 5: Hard 1406-0324 for myself.

Here is the group buy information that Linda sent: "Dampeners are NZD 6.50 each or NZD 30.00 per set of 5... They are custom made so not available elsewhere. Freight I'm afraid starts at NZD 50.00 - this is the minimum they charge...If you'd organize a bulk purchase I can give 15% discount..." I understand that the dampeners are made by Allsteady especially for Aeronavics and they have a large inventory on hand.

This a photo of the dampeners at message #30 above; here are the part numbers (thanks Lance):

View attachment 21121

Hard 1406-0324
Very Hard 1406-0235

Vortex (Lance in Australia) has said in an email: ”I have been flying with the softer (1406-0324) of the 2 dampers and have the harder dampers (1406-0235) fitted to our steadycam. We are flying fairly heavy camera/gimbals and the softer dampers seem to be working very nicely....For us anyway. The Very Hard are just that and I was concerned they were too hard and would not isolate all the vibrations. This isn't a problem with the Steadycam."

Finally: I am not out to make any money on this purchase, but I do not want to lose any either. I think it would be fair to divide up the shipping by the number of dampeners ordered by each person, then add for first class shipping to locations in the USA, and a padded envelope. The transaction to reimburse me could be via a check or PayPal (fees paid by purchaser).

Shipping will be NZD 50.00 divided by the total number of dampeners purchased, plus US first class postage and the cost of a padded envelope.

Dampeners will be NZD 30.00 for 5 or NZD 6.50 each (minus 15% - as above)

(Currently 1 NZD = 0.79 USD)

Example:
If I get orders from five individuals for 10+5+5+10+20= 50 dampeners – where 5 dampeners = 0.5 ounces the cost would be as follows:

Shipping cost per dampener = 50NZD/50 dampeners = 1 NZD each

A set of each hardness 5 hard + 5 very hard = 10 dampeners = [(60 NZD) minus 15%]= 51 NZD + 10 NZD shipping = 61 NZD (currently 48.19 USD)

Then the US postage would be approximately one ounce first class plus the cost of a padded envelope.

Thanks – Mojave (Joey)

Attachments

• Lance_Dampers.jpg
    Lance_Dampers.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 65