Mikrokopter Mikrokopter build

MICROFOE

As I stated in my opening post, I am a beginner in Mikrokopter world. I thought it would be a better idea to ask the people that have experience with the Microkopters about their thoughts than to try to put a plan together myself.

I have around $4,000 U.S. to build a Hexa or Octo. Photography and video is what is would be mainly used for. My question is, if you where to start building a Mikro from the start today, what would it look like. What frame, what motors, what flight controller, what transmitter.

If someone were to give you $4,000 today, what would you build? Thank you for any info.

MICROFOE

You stopped short of showing a completed project or what you thought about the completed unit. It doesn't tell me if you were happy with the completed product or not. Would you go this way again or would you have bought a standard kit?

No offence, but I am trying to get as many opinions as I can.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
MF,
My build thread kinda fell apart near the end because I was so rushed to get back to work with it. I'll post an update and summarize what I've been doing for the past three weeks but real quick for you I'm very happy with the Droidworx frame, the Xoar props, Avroto motors, and the Mikrokopter boards. My decision to use ESC's instead of the Mikrokopter motor controllers didn't work out so well because the heli had a noticeable wobble and wasn't as dead solid stable as my original MK Okto. I made a few changes but I didn't get the impression it would ever be as good and my goal was to try to get the video as absolute perfect as I could and the ESC's didn't cut it. I plan to use the same ESC's and I2C converter for a future Y6 build but that will be more for fun and photos only.
I also don't love the averticalview.com camera mount. it's advertised as being Canon 5D capable but it flexes under the weight of my Canon T2i. The hardware is horrible and I'm just not that impressed with it. They advertise themselves as a not-for-profit entity selling hobbiest/DIY kits but the basic kit isn't quite up to snuff to build a high quality camera mount. I like the basic design layout but the kit itself comes up short. For example, the main pivot point is a long 1/4" bolt but they provide a fully threaded bolt and the threaded section rides on the bearings and fits very loosely. Also, it's difficult to get the servos to stay put without really cranking down on the frame parts causing them to flex badly. Glue would be an option but you shouldn't have to do that.
Not so quick after all but that's where I'm at. The Photohigher mounts seem nice but they're a lot of money.
Good luck with your build. If you have any questions that I can help with I'll do my best.
Bart