Hi from UAValien in the UK.

UAValien

Just saying Hi, to everyone on the forum.

I originate and live in the UK,

Building UAV to fly canon 5d and RED.

So see you around.

Mark

crayfellow

Sounds good! Any other details about your build? Kit, frame, DIY, motor/prop/ESC combo, flight controller?

Cheers!

UAValien

Hi, Thanks for the interest,

Tarot X8
Wookong M with v2IMU
DYS 40A v2 esc
T Motor 4014-11 330kv motors
Tarot tri-blade adaptors, with DJI 15 5.2 foldable props
Zenmuse Z15 5D gimbal
Canon 5Dmk2 with 24mm F2.8 IS lens
Dji Can Bus
Tarot retractable landing gear
DJI avl58 transmitter with IBcrazy Air Screw
Tattu 16000mah 6S Battery
2x Graupner MZ-24 transmitter with GR-24 reciever (1 for Tarot X8, 1 for Zenmuse)

image1_zpsvaabepex.jpg

I haven't built the heavy lift for the RED yet my next project

Last edited by a moderator:

crayfellow

how is this one working, and what have you been using it for? Will you be going through the CAA process as well in order to do commercial work?

UAValien

Its good but with the one battery its soon out of power, im thinking of changing the tarot frame and building it back into a X8 spinning 18" props if the calcs work out, not sure on frame i would choose, I use it for still photography hence the 5D2, dont do much video at all

crayfellow

Its good but with the one battery its soon out of power, im thinking of changing the tarot frame and building it back into a X8 spinning 18" props if the calcs work out, not sure on frame i would choose, I use it for still photography hence the 5D2, dont do much video at all
Sounds nice! I own a 5Dm2 as well, great camera. I have done mostly video with it. Sending a GH4 into the air eventually so we shall see how that goes.

What are your flight times like? I am testing 2x 6S 10Ah Multistars to see where that gets me. Obviously it's a balance between the added weight and the added capacity. You should be pretty good with the tris and 1552's, though. Maybe try a different motor in ecalc?