Hello from Las Vegas Nevada

Mojave

Hello from Las Vegas Nevada,
I work out in the Mojave Desert often and spend some free time capturing landscapes of our unique terrain. I enjoy the grand view but often there seems to be something in the way. When we had the fire in the local mountains, at the end of this last summer, I was wondering how I could get a better vantage point. I started searching and found Droidworx; which lead me here.

I also work near transmission lines and wonder if there is some task that multirotor platforms could be utilized for during inspections and other activities. I would imagine that there are insurance issues!

I bought a Nano Qx to get the feel of controlling multirotors. I have a start and will continue with this.

My camera platform would be centered around the Canon 5D models and lenses. I have been looking at X4 and the XY4 layouts with 8 motors for redundancy and a bit better control in wind. The expense is daunting so I may pull back and go with a build project centered around the newest GoPro or the new Nikon or Canon mirrorless systems. I am good at building things and it is reassuring to know there is help here. I also plan on building a relationship with a dealer and some of you here.

Thanks,
Joseph AKA Mojave

Mojave

RC - I'll look forward to making some desert vids - first I have to build the craft. I will work up to the Canon 5D carrier later; first it will be a DJI F550 with a GoPro according to Bart and his group build.
Kloner - I am an SDSU graduate and San Diego was my home for a long time. I still have connections there and visit every few months. San Diego and Las Vegas have some unexplained connection and it is not just me!

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
In just built my first 5D carrier. I was all ready to go, then went to fix on my new props and found the bottom front two (on a coaxial hexa) were obstructed by the batteries.. doh! I have to get longer booms now, but itching to see how it goes with these motors I bought.