FPV with monocular vision

safety3rd

Hey, I'm new to this stuff. I've flown electric helicopters, airplanes and such. I'm looking at getting into FPV drones. Here's my issue, I have natural monocular vision. I don't know anything about FPV headsets or goggles. From what I've noticed there would be severely less neck strain in goggles. But is the FOV dependent on binocular vision? Or with monocular vision would I be able to retain full fov in goggles.

Beyond that, I have more in depth questions, can a goggle rig be setup to yield two views? One from each eye's screen? So you could have a rear fisheye in one and a front fisheye in the other? Is a fisheye lense worth looking into or would a simple wide angle be better suited?

The reason I'm thinking of having one lense look each direction is for the race aspect. I can see movement in my right eye and that is all, it would allow me to know when someone was coming up behind me, where my left eye is where my vision actually comes from. Allowing me to see clearly where I am going without interfering with the knowledge of someone behind me.

Which these questions also bring me into the consideration of if this is possible, what platform of goggles am I looking to get? Is there any need to have vision outside of the drones fov?