Emax Program Card Problem

JohnnyGee

I've just started to build a Turnigy Talon v2 quadcopter & I am having a problem trying to program the ESC's.
I am using Emax simon series 30a ESC's & an Emax program card.
When I connect them up, card first & then the battery the top row of led's lights up and flashes but nothing else happens.
Am I doing something wrong or could the card be faulty
Anybody got any ideas?

pawel

I have the same problem :(
Have you found a solution?

I'm using ESC EMAX SimonK 25A - 2-3S - 400Hz and Emax program card.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyGee

Hi Pawel,
I have not found a solution unfortunately. I have tried to program them using the transmitter & can't get that to work either.
I have now bought some Turnigy Plush esc's & program card & these work perfectly. I hope someone comes up with a solution as there must be one!

JohnnyGee

Hi,

I have read somewhere else on the internet that these esc's cannot be programed at all as they are flashed with the SimonK firmware & are supposedly ready to use straight out of the box with no need to alter any settings. I have them installed on a HJ450 but haven't tried to fly it yet.

HandyAndy

Hi guys, i had exactly the same problem with the Emax 30A ESC's, I also had issues with the reliability of the 5v output from the BEC on these, one of the four has stopped working all together so I have replaced with 30A Afro ESC, not had any issues with these. I also now use a separate UBEC for my 5v supply.