Zenmuse with Pixhawk or APM?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
We've got a 3DR Iris+ in the mail for a product review and I'm in the process of planning a medium to heavy lift Pixhawk based build.

Was just wondering, with 3D Robotics controllers being open source, why hasn't anyone tried to crack the code between the DJI Zenmuse controllers and the NAZA/WKM/A2 in order to have the Zenmuse gimbals interact with the Pixhawk or APM?

Until 3DR comes along with a line of gimbals, it would be nice to just cannibalize the Zenmuse line, no?

Maybe gut a zenmuse and install a Centerpiece from Phobotic?

jfro

Aerial Fun
If your talking about the Zenmuse for the gopro, I suppose one could pull that off. However, all the other Zenmuses are camera specific and IMO, overpriced. Then to add an expensive controller would be getting pretty pricey.

Better way would be to find some of the gimbals that are working with the Centerpiece and go that route. There are new gimbals coming out which should be an improvement over the next few months.

Speaking of gimbals, aren't you flying your Movi M5?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the M5 is on a Mikrokopter XY8 and that's similar to what I'll be building for the Pixhawk.

I was just wondering about the Zenmuse gimbals, if it would be possible to hack them and have the gimbals get whatever it is that they need to work from a Pixhawk instead of a NAZA or other DJI controller.

dazzab

I've always wondered what interaction there is between Zenmuse gimbals and DJI flight controllers? All the gimbals I have are totally independent of the flight controller.