Zenmuse video downlink grounstation set up?

Nugget

Hi guys,

Sorry to post something that might sound ridiculous, but what do we need to set up a complete video downlink grounstation based on Zenmuse GH2? Is DJI 5.8ghz donwlink and a field monitor all I need? I guess I miss something...
Also, another concern, can I control the Zenmuse with Spektrum DX5e?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Nugget

Tahoe Ed

You can route the output from the Zen to the DJI video down link. Since the down link has the Tx and the Rx all you need is something to output it to, goggles, monitor etc. As far as the Dx5, it depends on what you want to control. You will be limited by the number of channels. It depends on what is important to you; tilt, roll, yaw, mode. That is about all you will get. The throttle channel is unused.

Nugget

Thanks Tahoe. So getting a video signal with a Gh2 will be very straightforward, that's good news.
I guess all I want with the Dx5 is for camera op to control zenmuse pan and tilt. That should do it then.

Cheers

Tahoe Ed

The GCU has an Analog video out. Plug in there and follow the wiring for the vtx you should be fine. I use the iOSD so I have an additional piece of hardware in-between.