Zenmuse to DJI OSD - how to?

hazardpro

Hi guys

How do I wire up the Zenmuse to the DJI OSD, or at least it there not a ready made lead for the job?

I have 2 leads supplied that will plug into the Zenmuse module, 1 goes from 3.5mm jack to bare wires (power, ground, video), the other lead goes from 3.5mm jack to a split end (deans connector and video transmitter 8pin).

Neither will plug directly into the OSD (which is a 4pin socket).

Am I missing something??

Thanks

Doug

hazardpro

Hey Chris

Thanks for re rely though it doesn't help me. I have (an have read) the manual. I'm specifically after which lead to use (or how to) to connect the Zenmuse 3.5mm 'video out' socket to the 4pin 'video in' on the OSD.

Out of the bunch of leads that came with it none of them are a direct fit.

Doug

ChrisViperM

Just went downstairs to check my DJI OSD, which is still untouched in it's grey plastic bag. Looks like that the cable which is stated in the manual on page 4: Video Input Cable x1 ....The cable which got the 3.5 mm jack on side and a Molex plug on the other side. Not sure if it is really missing or if the manual is just crap.

As a workaround you can do the following:

Take the 3.5 mm jack cable (with the bare wires on the other side) and connect it to the ZEN. On the ZEN you should see which wire is what for (power+, ground, video signal)
Now you take another wire (which should be in the OSD bag) white molex plug with 4 wires : orange, yellow, red, brown. On the OSD, where you are supposed to plug the molex connector, you can see what function each wire has: orange = Video input 1, yellow = Video input 2, red = power, brown = ground.

Now you just have to solder the matching wires from both cables together (use either the orange or the yellow video cable...one cable will stay unused) and isolate them with shrink tube.

Check page 6 on the manual where you see the wiring plan. There you also see how to go from the OSD to your video transmitter. On page 5 you can see how to set up your transmitter to choose the video input, depending which video cable you have chosen for the connection.

Hope this gets you going

Chris

hazardpro

Hey Chris wow you'd think they would supply a lead to hook up their own gear 'out the box' huh! :s

Guess ill get the soldering iron out ;)

Thanks

Doug