Zenmuse/iOSD conundrum

avmedia123

Hey folks, I posted on here before about an issue I was having with the Zenmuse GH2 and DJI iOSD. I now have a video that I hope explains the problem better, hopefully someone can help me out! (http://vimeo.com/57574169). You may have to copy/paste link in browser.
A little background info...So originally I had the Z15GH2 with V1 of the HDMI board. I was getting the black and white/blurry picture issue. Robert sent me a V2 HDMI board. This solved the black/white downlink issue. However, after installing the V2 HDMI board, my iOSD no longer works properly. When my camera is off, the iOSD works just fine. As soon as I turn my camera on, the iOSD basically "freezes" and shuts off after 30 seconds or so. I am still getting a video downlink. As soon as I turn off my GH2, the iOSD works again, but obviously I do not have a video downlink. I am using all DJI components (VTX/iOSD/WKM etc). Anyone have any ideas? The HDMI cable has been replaced so that is ruled out. Robert also sent me a SAO adapter which also does not solve the issue (actually makes it worse, makes the video downlink all grainy and dark). As I have not heard of anyone else having this problem I wonder if it something I am doing wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Hey folks, I posted on here before about an issue I was having with the Zenmuse GH2 and DJI iOSD. I now have a video that I hope explains the problem better, hopefully someone can help me out! (http://vimeo.com/57574169). You may have to copy/paste link in browser.
A little background info...So originally I had the Z15GH2 with V1 of the HDMI board. I was getting the black and white/blurry picture issue. Robert sent me a V2 HDMI board. This solved the black/white downlink issue. However, after installing the V2 HDMI board, my iOSD no longer works properly. When my camera is off, the iOSD works just fine. As soon as I turn my camera on, the iOSD basically "freezes" and shuts off after 30 seconds or so. I am still getting a video downlink. As soon as I turn off my GH2, the iOSD works again, but obviously I do not have a video downlink. I am using all DJI components (VTX/iOSD/WKM etc). Anyone have any ideas? The HDMI cable has been replaced so that is ruled out. Robert also sent me a SAO adapter which also does not solve the issue (actually makes it worse, makes the video downlink all grainy and dark). As I have not heard of anyone else having this problem I wonder if it something I am doing wrong? Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Yes I have the same problem with the MK2 it works in PAL but not NTSC so I am not alone with this!!.

I should point out that my FPV camera causes the same thing (sony 480) if I switch it to a PAL FPV camera it works fine, if I switch the GH2 to PAL the overlay works. SO it seems related to NTSC can you confirm this on your system

thanks

avmedia123

I should point out that my FPV camera causes the same thing (sony 480) if I switch it to a PAL FPV camera it works fine, if I switch the GH2 to PAL the overlay works. SO it seems related to NTSC can you confirm this on your system

thanks
Hi Ian, yes, just checked and the iOSD overlay works as it should when in PAL mode. Which is ridiculous because this is the reason I got the V2 GH2 HDMI board, to get it to work in NTSC mode. I now have a nice color output in NTSC but no iOSD....

I suggest you contact DJI directly with you video. This is totally frustrating, because I agree you can't use the OSD if you are in NTSC, I don't know if this applies to all OSD users in NTSC but clearly it's not isolated as we both have it with the V2 hdmi board, you also might want to post in RC groups as I know DJI monitor the boards

1.08 OSD update

I suggest you contact DJI directly with you video. This is totally frustrating, because I agree you can't use the OSD if you are in NTSC, I don't know if this applies to all OSD users in NTSC but clearly it's not isolated as we both have it with the V2 hdmi board, you also might want to post in RC groups as I know DJI monitor the boards

OSD update , a new firmware was released today by DJI today that fixes the OSD overlay in ntsc so it now works! 1.08 is the new version