Yuneec Typhoon H vibrations

RikDingo

Hi from France.

Till now, I did not have no problem with my typhoon and I produced that wonderful video :

But since a few days I'm having problems of vibration in my videos.
So I bought the DUBO to balance my props and I balanced my props
I checked if everything is screwed
I check each motor with GHI program (so strange noise or vibration)
I use the last firmware everywhere
I use a high speed sd card
But nothing to do.

So I published a video of 1 minute. I just go up to 30m hight, stop during 10 secondes and the go down.
by watching that short video you can easely see the problem :

Today i got an interesting observation. Playing with wizard, during the landing the video starts shaking, and even after the motors are stopped, you can see that the trees are stll shaking. this would tend to prove that the problem comes from the cgo3+ itself and not from the bird. Here is the short video :

If someone is able to make a diagnostic, I'm listening, because Yuneec Europe doesn't reply to my emails...

Vibrations are little, what you see when you shut down motors is the gimbal motors that try to keep a position and vibrate ,
Usually this is because the camera is not balanced well or the gimbal motors are underpowered or bad tuned, i.e. a too much high P or PWM value.

If you have changed nothing and no crashes, how many flights or hours you have on the motors? Could have a bearing going bad causing a new vibration that wasn't previously there.

May also be worth trying a whole new set of props if you have quite a few hours on them.

RikDingo

Vibrations are little, what you see when you shut down motors is the gimbal motors that try to keep a position and vibrate ,
Usually this is because the camera is not balanced well or the gimbal motors are underpowered or bad tuned, i.e. a too much high P or PWM value.
Yes I had a crash at the begining. but for the month after, I did not have any problem...

Old Man

The Typhoon H has one of the best camera gimbals for the price range available so you vibrations are unusual. That 30 days and a number of flights passed before the issue became evident is a little odd, but not unusual and I'll get back to that in a moment. A question I have relates to why the camera panned to the right after landing in the last video. Unless you moved the pan control the gimbal should have remained fixed in the position it was at when landing. It should not have panned or tilted in any direction until power was cut to the aircraft.

It is possible one or more of the gimbal anti vibration mounts was partially separated during your crash but did not fully detach from the mount until after being jostled more during transportation and set up over the next 30 days. A hard landing during that time period might also finished the job. If such is the case they are easy to correct, just remove the gimbal from the airframe, inspect the mounting of the damper balls at each corner, and determine if an upper or lower portion has separated from the mount. Upper dampers can be difficult to inspect but separating the cover plate from the upper gimbal mount permits easy viewing. The cover plate can be removed by using your fingernail to gently pry the front and back edge of the cover plate away from the gimbal mount while applying light downward pressure on the gimbal. Look at the top of the gimbal to determine which part of the cover plate will permit separation. The sides will not because they warp over the top of the gimbal. The front and back will since they are only flat plates having two small mounting tangs cast into them for plate retention. If you see a detached damper simply re-insert the vibration damper into the mounting hole.

Back to the post landing camera pan. If you had not moved the pan control it would appear one of the gimbal motors sustained some damage during the previous crash. The time lag is explainable because the motors would likely have enough power to overcome a slight bind or other minor damage initially but over time and a number of flights start to lose that ability from being over worked.