Yaw rotation stops after 270 degrees.

nealj4

Hi Guys.
Im trying to do 360 rotational pans for aerial video work and now Im seeing my yaw come to a stop, or halt after about 3/4 of the way around ( 270 degrees). I am holding the yaw stick very smoothly, but it stops rotating after 3/4 of the rotation unless I give the stick a lot more input then it continuous but it starts up with a jerk and I loose my smooth aerial pan. Using a Naza V2 with GPS and a Spektrum DX7 / Ar8000 on a Tarot 680 Pro.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Is it a brushless gimbal? If so and you are using a alexmos board, the FC would have nothing to do with it. There are rotation limits that are definable in the Alexmos software. I'd start checking there.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK.. interesting. Hmm...

Do you have any servo programming on that channel (YAW/RUDDER) like servo speed, or an excessive amount of expo in the radio itself?

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Perhaps a bad POT on the Rudder stick?
Is this a new problem or it has been this way all along?
Perhaps try a different radio?
Perhaps hook up a servo to the RUDD output of the RX and see if it acts the same??

nealj4

Hi Sleepy C, I do have 70% expo on the rudder channel, but I have had since day 1. (this problem is fairly recent) It gives slow smooth rotational speed for panning. When I go to monitor mode on my DX7s and watch the slider it appears to move smoothly and proportionately. Hexacrafters suggestion of a bad spot in the POT makes a lot of sense. I will try a regular servo to see what happens.