"Yamaha Drone"

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Caught some of the newly named AMA MotoAmerica Superbike motorcycle races today from Georgia. It's broadcast on the CBS Sports cable channel. There were some shots early that I was convinced were shot from a multirotor.

A few minutes later, they did a long series of shots to display the track, and in the right corner of the screen it said "Yamaha Drone." And that came on the rest of the time I noticed aerial footage.

Honda is sponsoring the overall series this year, so it seems Yamaha is trying to keep up with marketing visibility by ponying up to fund some aerial footage. Anyone here part of the team? The world MotoGP Grand Prix has a helicopter at each race for good perspective shots (easier to see how far one rider really is ahead). This MR wasn't filming during racing, I assume for safety, but it was neat to see such extensive footage.

cootertwo

A few years ago, I saw a BIG Yamaha drone. Some were/are used for spraying crops in areas that are not accessible by regular means, like "terrace" farming. VERY impressive machines, and totally autonomous.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Wow. Didn't even consider that Yamaha had designed/built their own craft. Just figured they were the sponsor.