Y6 Yaw question

Hi Folks. I understand that on Y6's the yaw control is effected by motor control the same as on a conventional multi.
From my reading it seems that the Tri-rotor has a very quick yaw response due to it's movable rear motor.
Is it possible or even perhaps common? to have both rear motors on a gimbal? What would be the advantages if any and disadvantages?

Tony

Both motors would have to tilt the same direction and thus would hit props. Might not be an awesome idea...!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Folks. I understand that on Y6's the yaw control is effected by motor control the same as on a conventional multi.
From my reading it seems that the Tri-rotor has a very quick yaw response due to it's movable rear motor.
Is it possible or even perhaps common? to have both rear motors on a gimbal? What would be the advantages if any and disadvantages?

Tony

tony, look back in the archives at what Matwelli did with his v-tail tri copters....the v-tail might give more instantaneous yaw control if that's something you've identified as a must have.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks Bartman! I spent a happy few hours hunting through the archives but constantly got sidetracked and missed that.

is this enough Yaw?

fast forward to the 2:00 mark and then to the end to see what drives the crazy yaw...there's even a Phantom flying around at the very end

Last edited by a moderator: