XY4-LiM 250 is finally flying

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Flew it last week and finally tonight under the goggles. Bare frame was 55g and so far it's rock solid. There are a bunch of tweaks for the racing version but here's the beater set up. Woo-hoo!

View attachment 26325

This one has NAZE32 with Baseflight, Turnigy Plush 12A ESC's, DYS 1806-2300kv motors, Spektrum satellite for radio reception from a JR 9503 transmitter, Fatshark 700TVL and a TS5823 video transmitter (not sure who makes it)

Attachments

• IMG_20151005_162752715_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151005_162752715_HDR.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 482
Last edited by a moderator:

Cheshirecat

Looks good, Very compact setup.
I too am going into the 250 FPV/Racer game using a Fossil Stuff frame (due for delivery any day) with a Naze32 and T-Motors. It will be nice to throw something around without the angst of so much money in the air as with the Skyjib.
Looking forward to getting it flying.View attachment 26331 View attachment 26332

Attachments

• fossils-stuff-gravity-250-gelb-2_920x600.jpg
    fossils-stuff-gravity-250-gelb-2_920x600.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 345
  • gravity-280fpv-racing-frame-yellow-[3]-56-p.jpg
    gravity-280fpv-racing-frame-yellow-[3]-56-p.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 307

Webheadfred

Air Traffic Controller
Geez! I had to take about a year hiatus due to cancer surgery. Now that thats behind me, I got A LOT of catching up to do! Looks good Bart! I need to build me one. Anyone need an extra HoverFly®? :)

Bartman

Fred,
Glad you're back, I noticed a post from you a day or two ago and recognized you've been gone a while.
I originally made this for the Hoverfly PRO just for kicks and have a couple of frames plates that I'm not using. I'd be happy to send you one set if you want to give it a try with the PRO.

Webheadfred

Air Traffic Controller
Hey Bart... Heck I'd love one but I'll pay you for it of course. I'm seeing all the HUGE improvements that HoverFly apparently weren't interested in keeping up with. I broke out the old quad I made from Home Depot towel rods and after a few flights, was zipping around like old times. Seems this FPV thing is the new norm and I have the itch back. Just reading and reading. Seems as if smaller is better. Do you have an online store? Glad to see things growing!

BTW.. what are most flying with for photo work? The A2? PixHawk? Almost too many choices. :)

Bartman

don't worry about it Fred, the plates are small and the guy that cut them didn't charge me much. you'll need motors, and all of the other stuff but I"m going to post a build thread and list everything so you'll have no problem.
start a private conversation with me and shoot me your mailing address, i'll get them in the mail to you this week.
bart