XY-8 Build

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the PJA props are meant for glow engines and have a more full blade profile which makes more lift. They're also slightly heavier. THe PJN props are meant for electric motors but they have less blade area so they make a little less lift. They both fly well so it just depends on what you need.
I either use all PJA or all PJN props, I don't mix them. CW (viewed from above looking down) on the top motors, CCW on the bottoms.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've tried the PJA and PJN props. The PJN's are a lot harder to balance and more inconsistent about the hub. The PJA's make a lot of lift and are like driving on slicks compared to ice. With the PJA's the heli launches when you cob the throttle, with the PJN's and APC's the heli spins its tires a little as it starts climbing. it's hard to descibe the difference.

I'm currently using PJA 12x5's cut to 11" on the top (CW) and PJA12x7's on the bottom (CCW). I'm also set up to use PJA 12x5's on top and PJN 13x7's on bottom. I was running PJA 12x5's on top and 12x7's on the bottom and that worked really well also.

The 12x5 PJN;'s would be nice on a straight okto in the 10 to 11 lb range with the Tiger 2814's but they're just harder to balance for some reason. maybe the computer model is slightly non-symmetrical but i'd be surprised if that were the case.