WooKong vs Naza V2

rwilabee

A friend of mine wants to build a quad with my help. I'm trying to figure out whether going to the WooKong is worth the higher cost compared to the new Naza V2. Any Ideas? He wants to be able to do some FPV not to far away, use the iOSD unit and have a camera gimbal with it's own controller. He wants something very stable and reliable that will hold position and it will be with a quad. I have used WKM and Naza V1 and I have always felt the WKM was more stable and reliable. I'm not sure with the new Naza V2.

Rich

Tahoe Ed

I would have him get the Naza 2. The WKM is going away and being replaced by the A2. Support will also eventually go away. He can do just about everything that the WKM could do now with the addition of 16 free waypoints, all you have to do is purchase the 2.4 gHz Date Link with BT for $299. That is a heck of a lot less that I paid for 5 waypoints and the 900 mHz Data LInk for my WKM.

rwilabee

Is it stable and dependable like the WKM

I would have him get the Naza 2. The WKM is going away and being replaced by the A2. Support will also eventually go away. He can do just about everything that the WKM could do now with the addition of 16 free waypoints, all you have to do is purchase the 2.4 gHz Date Link with BT for $299. That is a heck of a lot less that I paid for 5 waypoints and the 900 mHz Data LInk for my WKM.

kloner

Aerial DP
i'm not sure if it's the skyjib airframe that's so stable or the wookong but the rig i've got a wookong on is ridiculously smooth and way worth the extra money. If it's full retail i'd wait for a2, but if it's a steal, i'd get all i could

Tahoe Ed

If he is building a HL Quad then I would agree but anything less that a 650 I think that the WKM or the A2 is overkill. I will say that the price of the WKM has dropped significantly with the introduction of the A2. My concern is the support in the future.

rwilabee

It is going to be an XAircraft 650 pro. All carbon fiber and will be using 3508 motors at 800KV and 11 x 4.7 props. He will also have a brushless gimbal.

If he is building a HL Quad then I would agree but anything less that a 650 I think that the WKM or the A2 is overkill. I will say that the price of the WKM has dropped significantly with the introduction of the A2. My concern is the support in the future.

kloner

Aerial DP
as long as it flies at the same consistency it does now i'd say support isn't necesary... things like a hoverlfy pro that works

my v2 is on several rigs but the one in particular the 800 has it and it's not as easy to fly... i lift a rig with 20cm longer arms and a wk and it's a whole different level of relaxation

Tahoe Ed

Then the decision is his as to how much he wants to spend. I don't think that the difference in performance is that significant either way.