Wookong Flight tuning

Fat Corgi

Hello everyone out there,
I'm having a bit of trouble tuning my Wookong, and would love to hear from anyone who has been through a similar situation. My set up is as follows…
Octocopter 8kg Camera Ship
Wookong Firmware version 5.20 IMU V2
Gains
- - - - Pitch / Roll / Yaw / Vertical
Basic 220 / 220 / 195 / 175
Attitude 190 / 190

My main issue is when I am either in GPS or Attitude mode, yawing the to the left results in the craft rolling to the left and "sliding" off it's hovering position once it has finished it's yaw. The GPS hold does not keep the craft within the 2m it's suppose to. This happens without the influence of wind. When using manual mode, the problem does not seem to be as prolific. I'm fairly new to tuning this flight controller, and would love any tips you can provide.

I'm not sure what the most current version of the firmware is but am using 5.20 because of what I have read on this forum and others. Is there any point upgrading to the most recent version?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
The WKM is known for a little bit of drift when yawing.

Your gains are also quite high (mine are around 140%), but this isn't your problem I think.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
You don't have any channel mixing in your remote, do you? You can get implicit mixings if you select anything other than "acro" or similar on your remote.

Fat Corgi

The frame is a Droidworx XM8. The motors are as vertical as I can see by eye.

I don't think there is any mixings. I've got a Futaba 14SG and it is set to the "Multi-Rotor" class, not "Acro". That should be fine don't you think?