wookong barometer failure

bilaouras

hello,
After unsuccessful tries to engage the function Go-home and Landing either from TX either from GS (go-home only from TX switch, it works),
I found perhaps the problem. As you see at the attachment the printscreen from Data viewer, the Press altitude is negative and the GPS altitude is correct. The question is, how can i fix it? It is a hardware problem or, it needs something like calibration?
thanks in advantage,
Vasilis

Attachments

• failure.png
    failure.png
    186 KB · Views: 423

saidquad

I have experienced this difference between barometer and GPS specially in places near the see level and with some degree of humidity. When I fly near the see level I get from 100 m to 150 m altitude difference between GPS and Barometer, but When I fly places about 1300m ASL then both barometer and the GPS show same height. I have not found the cause of this yet but I don't think it is the matter of calibration or hardware problem.

bilaouras

OK, the problem with Go - home and landing solved. I set up the first and second level protection voltage and the function is enable. The only problem now is the barometer. It still have wrong inputs.

saidquad

I have two wookong's in a different frames. The other one has no this different at the same flying field.

Last week I tested mine in two different places. First one was under see level. GPS shows the correct altitude which is -18 m before flight and the barometer shows 119 m ASL which is huge difference (137 m).

iosd-18-119-101-diff-jpg.26368

second flight GPS showed 1818 m ASL which was the correct altitude and the barometer showes 1845 m ASL. The difference is much less than the first flight but there is still 27 m difference. Since you mentioned that one of your birds shows the correct altitude in the same field I am also beginning to wonder if my barometer is also defected.

iosd-1818-1845-27diff-jpg.26369

Attachments

• iosd--18-119-101-diff.jpg
    iosd--18-119-101-diff.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 285
  • iosd-1818-1845-27diff.jpg
    iosd-1818-1845-27diff.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 380
Last edited by a moderator: