WKM on F550 Sudden Failsafe in Flight

Acill

Yesterday afternoon I was flying about 600m away with my F550 and in full FPV setup. I have a 600mw ImmersionRC transmitter and Skyzone Goggles. I suddenly lost video and my screen went fuzzy for a few seconds and noticed I had list control. I run a 4s pack and had plenty of power left. I've flown in the area plenty of times before and never had an issue like this. Just when I though I lost my F550 I got my video back and noticed I was returning to home. I was in GPS mode the entire time and had 10 satellite locked.

The WKM returned home and landed just fine, but it freaked me out. I am 100% sure I did not hit my failsafe too.

Ronan

Congratulation on having your failsafe setup properly, it saved your multirotor. I'm not sure why you didn't activate it yourself when you thought it was lost...

As to what happen, video transmitter sometime stop working for a few seconds (or longer). I have seen it happen from just a few feet away... yet i can fly for hundreds of meters and it works perfectly fine...

Now to me it seems you lost both video and control, which triggered the failsafe. Check your wiring for a short or something not plugged in properly (came loose?).

Edit: Take a look at your IOSD logs if you have them. If not, consider installing one.

Acill

Oh I knew my failsafe was setup. No way in hell would I fly without one properly set. I checked all my wiring and it seems good. Just a freak thing I guess. I flew 3 packs today without trouble, so not sure what it could have been. I have wanted to do my wires all over again and make them a bit cleaner so maybe this is a good excuse to do that now.

I was less than a second away from hitting my failsafe switch when it triggered itself. As for IOSD logs, does the IOSD mini have it? I run that and cant remember ever seeing anything showing it does.

Ronan

Oh I knew my failsafe was setup. No way in hell would I fly without one properly set. I checked all my wiring and it seems good. Just a freak thing I guess. I flew 3 packs today without trouble, so not sure what it could have been. I have wanted to do my wires all over again and make them a bit cleaner so maybe this is a good excuse to do that now.

I was less than a second away from hitting my failsafe switch when it triggered itself. As for IOSD logs, does the IOSD mini have it? I run that and cant remember ever seeing anything showing it does.

I think only the MK II has the logs.