Will this configuration of DJI components work?

Please take a look at this attached setup and tell me whether this will work or not. Additionally how do I interface the FPV transmitter with the iOSD since their respective inputs/outputs don't exactly match up? Or should I be using the video out from the Zenmuse GCU and running that to the FPV transmitter? If I connect the transmitter to the Zenmuse GCU won't that bypass the iOSD and thusly result in no onscreen display being overlaid?

Thanks!

U.M.

View attachment 17899

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,764
Last edited by a moderator:

rilot

Connect the video out from your Zenmuse GCU to the video input on the iOSD. Then connect the video output from the iOSD to the video input wires of your vTx.
I would switch your ports around on the iOSD too. Connect the hardwired cable to the PMU and then use the spare cable that comes with the GCU to connect to the iOSD.

Connect the video out from your Zenmuse GCU to the video input on the iOSD. Then connect the video output from the iOSD to the video input wires of your vTx.
I would switch your ports around on the iOSD too. Connect the hardwired cable to the PMU and then use the spare cable that comes with the GCU to connect to the iOSD.
Not sure what you mean by "Switching the ports around on the GCU & iOSD? The GCU has no "pass through" port so you can only daisy chain the Zenmuse GCU TO the iOSD and then the iOSD to the PCU, unless I'm missing something?

Additionally... doesn't the S-BUS interface between the Zenmuse GCU and the iOSD carry the video signal?

So are you saying it should be like this?

U.M.

View attachment 17900

Attachments

• layout3.jpg
    layout3.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 362