Whizz Kids Drone School

Jeff Shoults

Hello everyone. I am setting up a drone school program for kids aged 9-99. This will be a once per week for multiple weeks at an indoor location earning certifications along the way and culminate is a final "Check-out" to earn their Flight Wings. This program is designed so that each kid must be accompanied by an adult who follows the same curriculum and offers the opportunity for a Dad (or Mom of course) and a young child to support each other while learning and practicing and having a ton of fun in the process.
My question to all of you is this: What would be the best platform for people young and old to learn on?
I have plenty of experience with what are my current front-runners which are the Dromida Ominus\Vista or the Blade Nano QX but I wonder if there is a training quad that would suit this application that I am unaware of. Since I am supplying all of the equipment and will be in a constant cycle of replacement/repair I would like to be confident that I am investing in 20 of the correct quad.
The way I see it I have three basic requirements:
Safety (nothing too heavy, propguards?)
Durability (The Ominus is notoriously tough and I assume the Vista is as well)
Ease of operation (I love the Nano QX but it can be a bit twitchy especially with throttle control)

What do you guys think?

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
@Jeff Shoults I think your list is just about right. I like the Nano QX a lot, but it is a little twitchy for a 9 year old. However, if you bind it to a decent Spektrum controller and adjust expos, you can tame them down a lot. I would also have a look at Zeyrok.