Tau Labs Whats all the fuss about CopterControl

CopterControl from the OpenPilot project introduces a new generation of multipurpose aircraft stabilisation platforms. The CopterControl platform has been designed from the ground up to perform the following functions:

• Stabilise and provide self levelling functionality for a variety of MultiRotor aircraft including TriCopters, QuadCopters and HexaCopters.
• A flybarless heli controller with advanced auto-levelling features
• A full fixed wing UAV controller

These are the specs

Hardware Features

The CopterControl hardware has the following features:

• Powerful STM32 32Bit Microcontroller with 128KB of flash and 20KB of ram running at 90MIPs
• 3 axis high performance MEMs Gyros and 3 Axis high performance MEMs accelerometer
• Tiny 36mm x 36mm 4 layer PCB for superior noise reduction and better flight performance.
• Software support for Windows, Mac and Linux
• Direct high speed USB support with no drivers required for any platform, a truly plug and play device.
• Direct Spektrum Satellite Support
• Hardware support for direct Futaba S-BUS connectivity
• Innovative Flexi-port technology for superior port flexibility
• 4Mbits On board EEPROM for configuration storage

Flexiport

CopterControl also offers the innovative Flexi-port which provides either I2C connectivity or a second serial port. This means CopterControl can be configured to have I2C and a single serial port or dual serial ports

So thats what it is.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
CopterControl from the OpenPilot project introduces a new generation of multipurpose aircraft stabilisation platforms. The CopterControl platform has been designed from the ground up to perform the following functions:

• Stabilise and provide self levelling functionality for a variety of MultiRotor aircraft including TriCopters, QuadCopters and HexaCopters.
• A flybarless heli controller with advanced auto-levelling features
• A full fixed wing UAV controller

It's a dessert topping! It's a floor wax!... ;)

(bonus points to the first person that knows where that came from)

This sounds like a great all around controller, once the software is stable and a version or two has proven itself I may take the leap myself. After all the firmware issues I've been through with various boards over the last 6 to 9 months I'll sit back and wait for the debugging to be finished first.

Ken

Ken

Crash

Defies Psychics
I'm building a new bird just for the CC board that's on order. I really wish they would have put on a baro sensor and a magnetic compass though. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for the OpenPilot board for that.

Well we are adding one, its already designed just got to figure out the cost. Any NMEA GPS will talk to CC. Someone is busy on the navigation software as well.

We are far behind with our paperwork though so please bear with the wiki!! Everyone is too busy having fun.

Last edited by a moderator: