What will happen in 2015? Make Your Prediction!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey guys it's that time of year when we get to make predictions for the new year! So what are your thoughts? What will 2015 hold in store for multi rotors, FPV, aerial video and "drones" in general?

Make your predictions NOW and we will return on Dec 31st 2015 and see who was right!

Me, I predict I will continue to see 70 hour work weeks and not much else in 2015...
I think we will see some new radio systems... new regulations, lower prices...

OK.. your turn!

Old Man

DJI will release 40 new products that work well most of the time with frequent software updates that will function correctly less than half the time.

Amazon will be awarded a U.S. flight test area, hire numerous test pilots and engineers, while using 3D Robotics to significantly advance FC functions with locked and proprietary software. The location of the test area will likely be in Oregon, Montana, or Texas.

New multirotor users will continue to operate their toys irresponsibly and incur the wrath of the government, causing a release of "emergency" flight safety legislation that will be draconian in nature under the guise of national security.

The city of Los Angeles will ban all flight of multirotors inside the city, and perhaps the county limits, with the exception of use by law enforcement agencies.

Go Pro will finally release a professional level camera priced under $800.00.

Racerx1962

XAircraft will release a firmware update for the SuperX adding waypoints and improving X8 performance in windy conditions.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Me, I predict I will continue to see 70 hour work weeks and not much else in 2015...
I hope not!

more builds.....a return to simple requirements with all of the "advanced features" written off as frivolous and buggy....more products across a wider price range to challenge the Phantom/Inspire dominated market segments.....6S+/mega-amped power module for Pixhawk from 3DR

FerdinandK

Europe will enter a period of deflation, US will follow. Greece and Spain (not Italy) will leave the EUR, Oil will be back to < 30$ a barrel. Markets (dow, dax, ...) will crash to unthinkable lows dow < 5000, dax < 2500.

ok, you mean precictions on multicopter ...

people will continue to fly, others will cry for regulations, regulations will be done, people will lament about the regulations,
people will continue to fly, others will cry for regulations, regulations will be done, people will lament about the regulations,

DJI will release the Inspire 2 with a flighttime of 60min (and still the sensor will be too small)

There will be "heavy fuel" Multirotors with 3h flighttime and significant payload (10kg+)

There will be fast Multirotors (better VTOLs) able to go 300km/h+ (and still able to hover like known from MR)

There will be NON-GPS outdoor positioning systems (high and far)

There will be state of the art redundancy solutions for controllers (with 3+ controllers, ...)

There will be the first experiments with autorotation on multicopter.

There will be indoor obstacle avoidance systems.

best regards
Ferdinand

FerdinandK

I would watch out for larks and wasps :D

However, this is about predictions, if you predict something almost clear, people will say, "well, that was easy, or they will even not remember, ...", but if you predict something completely crazy, completly unthinkable, and this comes true, people will remember and you will become a clairvoyant.

So this is about predictions, don´t take it too serious, or maybe you should, we will see in 12 month from now.

best regards and all the best for 2015

Ferdinand

P.S.: Also something will be discovered in the Sahara-desert (or in the Brazil rain forest, could also be in antarktica), something old, something unknown up to now, something that will change your lives ...

P.P.S.: I forgot my man lifting multicopter, but that is just a prediction about my multicopter ;)

saidquad

In mapping field, the possibility of lidar mapping with multirotor will grow and become much easier because of new light and higher capacity Lipos from maxamps and gensace and new and light Mobile Laser scanners.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
While unlikely to happen in 2015 I am hoping that, someday, manned helicopters over cities are banned and replaced with small UAVs, with the exception of those required to transport passengers and/or heavy payloads. Not only would this be more energy efficient but, in the event of flight failure, the ground level damage would be less severe.