What type of Naza is inside

nisouck

Ok, that's a Naza but why it is not possible to connect it with the Naza-M V2 assistant?

Even after I past it to Naza mode into the Phantom assistant.

rilot

It's a Naza V2 but with a custom firmware that's unique to the P2. That's why you have to use the Phantom 2 assistant and not the Naza assistant.

nisouck

Yes, we understand that, but why????????????

With the Phantom 2 it is not possible to have flight limits instead of Naza 2 that have it!!

What's a pitty!!!!!!

plingboot

Thought it might be worth chiming in here.

I foolishly assumed that the flexibility of the original phantom (naza)would be carried on through to the new phantom 2.

I was incorrect. I've been through the polite request route, but the bottom line and harsh reality is that the Phantom 2 is aimed squarely at folks who have no intention of doing anything other than opening the box and flying it. And from that point of view there's nowt wrong with it.

I have been advised (by a DJI representative - NOT Ed) that if i need any more functionality/flexibility, the Phantom 2 is not for me - sorry you wasted your money. The same person told me there are no plans to add any of the previous Naza flexibility to the existing Phantom range.

In addition, the BT data link and its functionality is simply not working with the P2 at this moment in time - more wasted cash.

I only wish i'd been advised of this before i bought the P2 - as i'd not purchased it and would have built a Discovery Pro instead.

I do think DJI are missing a trick here, as the Phantom form factor does suit itself to close in AP jobs where a big bird isn't practical or is over kill, but i'm just chopped liver and not a big player.

nisouck

First, I think that flight limits may be very interresting for beginers.
Second, now we have two menus into the assistant Phantom 2 and Naza .......
Third, I hope you are wrong! :nevreness: